• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800 GT temp 82c under load sounds high..

Associate
As title says. After 20 mins of FEAR my gpu gets toasty.. is 82c something to worry about? I'm using a Zalman VF700-AlCu cooler on silent mode. Usually runs at ~42c idle. I'm just wondering if i need to screw the heatsink down some more - when I was fitting it there's no mention in the manual about how much you need to tighten screws, I just stopped when i thought it was ON!

I've done the 'detect optimal' setting in coolbits/forceware (486/1170), but since oc'd my CPU from stock, now running detect optimal again shows lower speeds. Maybe this is due to my cpu oc? I know the warning message is only displayed at 115c though, so it sounds safe, although a crazy kind of safe :)

Back
Top Bottom