7800X3D + 4090 Build Check

Associate
Looking at putting together a new ITX gaming build, I was going to wait until Zen5 and the 5XXX series but considering the poor release of Zen5 i'm looking at biting the bullet now instead (plus I can't wait any longer :D)

Below is what i'm looking at and mainly wanting a sense check on the cooler with the case as i've never built such a small system.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,124.92 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Also doesn't help that I keep switching between cases :D I just want something small that can sit on the back of my desk out of the way.

Last edited:
The 4090 might get quite toasty in that little case. I wonder if it might be better to go with a AIO style 4090 (even if you have to switch the CPU to an air cooler) and use the radiator as an exhaust for the case? The 7800X3d runs very cool so it's not likely you'll have any trouble cooling that.

You ideally want 6000mhz C30 memory as it gives you a 1:1 CPU memory ratio,above that it changes to 1:2 becoming slightly slower in games.

Personally would want a bigger wattage PSU if you going for a 4090 and probably an atx 3.0 version which comes with the 16pin pcie3 connector.

Then theres the Nvidia 5000 series GPU being released before Xmas (hopefully) so something to consider

Gah... I think I may have to give up on the ITX it's just always such a compromise :cry: and I bet it'll only end up out of the way instead of on my desk.
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,160.93 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

I won't be putting any mechanical drives in this, it'll only ever be for gaming, i'm thinking on the above now but will also look at some M-ATX builds.

Back
Top Bottom