• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800x3D Fan curve / temps

Associate
Hi,

I realize its probably something that got discussed here plenty of times but what fan curves are you using for 7800x3d? Just completed my PC build with this CPU and I am noticing some strange temp spikes - example would be when previewing vid on YT temp almost instantly jumps from 37 idle up to 60c. I know this is not a crazy temp for this CPU but it makes my fan speed up quite a bit which is bit annoying...
I am using pearless assassin as a cooler, I don't think I got any issues with temps in general, idle is 37 and cinbench heavy load goes up to around 75.
Is it normal for this CPU to randomly jump by 20c in couple seconds and do you just set your fan curve to actually start after 60c?

Soldato
Late reply but the recent CPUs do tend to jump around so best thing you can do is enable a form of hysteresis in the fan curve. Most BIOS or software utils should allow a delay of some sort to be enabled on the curve.

Soldato
Hi,

I realize its probably something that got discussed here plenty of times but what fan curves are you using for 7800x3d? Just completed my PC build with this CPU and I am noticing some strange temp spikes - example would be when previewing vid on YT temp almost instantly jumps from 37 idle up to 60c. I know this is not a crazy temp for this CPU but it makes my fan speed up quite a bit which is bit annoying...
I am using pearless assassin as a cooler, I don't think I got any issues with temps in general, idle is 37 and cinbench heavy load goes up to around 75.
Is it normal for this CPU to randomly jump by 20c in couple seconds and do you just set your fan curve to actually start after 60c?

Mine does jump a bit as well in gaming, however I set my CPU fan speed to silent setting in my Asus BIOS, gaming wise stays around 60c or so unless it's Starfield which does jump a bit to 70c, however temps well within normal range, also my fan noise was from my XFX 7900XT card so I set my fan curve to silent settings, I get around 84c to 88c max on GPU hotspot and the only game that does that is Starfiled, rest are well below.
Also as a safe guard I setting my CPU max temp to 83c in BIOS for my 7800X3D.

Now I have a nice quiet gaming PC :) .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom