• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800xt rough price range ?

Soldato
The MSRP of the 6800XT is £599 so that's anyone's best guess.

AMD don't even know what the exact price will be. They'll be waiting to find out the 4080 price so they can undercut it.

Associate
OP
Terrible looks like a 7700xt may have to be more in the price range. But to what extent and what features will be lost and if it’s a true 4k at 7700xt .. that might have to do

Soldato
You'd be better off drawing 2 metre diameter circle outside your house, go to top floor and chuck 1000 £1 pound coins at it through the open window, count up how many £1 coins land in the circle and thats your expected price.

Now you have to figure out how many will actually be for sale in the UK upon release.

Soldato
Why does it matter what the 6800xt costs anyway? Set yourself a budget like £500 or £600 and then buy the fastest GPU for that price. Problem solved.

That's what I'm doing. I have a budget and I'm not paying a penny more. I'm not letting a manufacturer tell me how much I'm going to spend.
Pretty much, if you keep stretching the budget eventually they will become unaffordable to the majority. I've got plenty of other things I can spend the money on. Hopefully they realise there's more to be made on selling large volumes rather than a smaller number of expensive cards.

Soldato
first few batches will be scalped to ****, as will green team, maybe not as much as crypto madness, when price settles. as above £500 is my max budget, no ifs or buts, that's the ceiling

Associate
Too many unknowns with RDNA3 at. however my best guess would be in the region of £700, a lot will depend on:
- the pricing tiers for Nvidia which personally I don't think will shift as much as others believe they will
- the cost of making GCDs and the new TSMC process
- whether AMD are targeting profit coming from volume sales and market share or margin/unit price for these products

I do believe AMD is keeping RDNA3 quiet and potentially has something they can bring, but of course that doesn't mean they won't try and charge through the nose for it even if its true.... we don't know and they aren't saying which is understandable but frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom