• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900GTO overclockings stopped working

Soldato
OP
wiggy said:
Thats good to hear, is it running any hotter due to the mem voltage being increased from the gtx bios? What did you use to flash it? :D
Hmm very tempting!

Doesnt appear to be running much hotter, 1c at most, buts its only running as it was overclocked before, but then my case is VERY well ventilated, right time to play some games :)

Soldato
OP
Minstadave said:
How did you flash them with that USB boot disk method? Been wanting to try this but no floppy drive :)

Certainly did sir used Virtual Floppy Drive (VFD) for Windows NT to 'format' (a virtual floppy disk) and create a boot disk then used bootdisk2bootstick to transfer across the boot image to my usb flash drive, then plonked on nvflash and appropriate bios, set bios to boot 'removable media' booted instantly, typed in 'nvflash 7900gtx.rom -4 -5 -6

worked a charm, If you like, could zip together all the above programs as well as the bios thats worked and all stuff needed to do it like I have and upload, post a link on here if people wanna do it ?

Soldato
OP
Howdy uploaded to here (1.90mb):

7900flashkit.zip

Included is:

7900 GTO/GTX bios's and nvflash etc
NiBiTor to have a look at the bios's if your curious
bootdisk2bootstick
VFD program

Scan for virus's and that make sure, I scanned with AVG free before uploading was clean, of course the obligatory 'if you muller up your pc its at your own risk' ;)

Soldato
OP
How did your bios flashing go guys ? any luck ? Weirdly iv started to get small mem errors in 2d mode (pink dost on white writing on these boards for example), but in 3d mode no such thing :confused: guess its the slightly higher voltage in 3d mode that makes the difference

Soldato
Yea, the GTX bios will have different memory timings etc.
Should have just edited your GTO bios to the clocks you want.

1) Save GTO Bios
2) Edit it
3) Flash the new edited GTO bios.
The way you've done it you have a different voltage & different memory timings which is a bad thing :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
no_1_dave said:
Yea, the GTX bios will have different memory timings etc.
Should have just edited your GTO bios to the clocks you want.

1) Save GTO Bios
2) Edit it
3) Flash the new edited GTO bios.
The way you've done it you have a different voltage & different memory timings which is a bad thing :rolleyes:

To a degree, apparently gtx's have slacker mem timings, but stuck the gt bios on now with the fast mem, see what happens :)

I assume you have the MSI bios thats been edited with NiBitor ?

Soldato
OP
Hmmm annoying now, company of heroes is corrupting like mad, errors all over screen while loading game and screen flashing in game, this is with the 7900GTO bios @ gtx speeds, however 3dmark 03/05/06 all seem fine and no errors at all whats going on ?

Can someone post me a link to a proper MSI 7900GTO bios so i can start fresh and work my way through to find a good bios thats working or someone take a bios dump of there msi card so i can download? cheers

Permabanned
Tried other drivers Combat Squirrel? :eek:

I can't get my CD Boot disc to work, I made it using Nero, it boots up but whenever I type in "nvflash" or "nvflash -4 -5 -6" it just says invalid command or blablabla :mad:

Soldato
OP
Jihad said:
Tried other drivers Combat Squirrel? :eek:

I can't get my CD Boot disc to work, I made it using Nero, it boots up but whenever I type in "nvflash" or "nvflash -4 -5 -6" it just says invalid command or blablabla :mad:

using latest beta drivers, im guessing it maybe sli issue here? the errors are the top half of screen flashing black like when u have the load balancing like enabled to see where it is, like the top half screen corrupts bottom doesnt, gonna try it in single card now, hate constantly reinstalling drivers, if only if overclocked from the word go

Permabanned
Combat squirrel said:
using latest beta drivers, im guessing it maybe sli issue here? the errors are the top half of screen flashing black like when u have the load balancing like enabled to see where it is, like the top half screen corrupts bottom doesnt, gonna try it in single card now, hate constantly reinstalling drivers, if only if overclocked from the word go
Sounds like the drivers then :D

Soldato
OP
hmmm just tried it in single card mode, same errors, again though 3dmark 03 nature (the test that usually shows me errors) is clean as is all other 3dmarks, HOPEFULLY its the drivers then and not the rams clock speed

Soldato
OP
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CORRUPTION EVERYWHERE on company of heros ONLY, ALL OTHER 3d programs are fine

thing is its the kind of corruption you associate with core or mem being clocked to high, never seen that sort on a 'driver game specific thing' why is this going wrong yet 3d06 (which id assume stresses it more) is FINE

Soldato
OP
gonna go back to original bios see what happens, HOWEVER

the sticker on the actual card reads:5.71.22.39.09

I have that bios or the latest at : 5.71.22.39.15

which one should i flash ? go for the latest as it 'should be' a better bios revison ? quick answer much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom