• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900XT Owners, a favour please?

Permabanned
Hi everyone, I didn't realise for the sake of £240 extra over buying a 6800XT, that I could get a 7900XT! Can someone do me a favour, can you do me a locked 60fps @ 1080p run on any of the following cyberpunk/TLOU/Dead Space Remake/Resi4 Remake and let me know what power draw it gets stock and undervolted?
As I notice the TDP is slightly lower by 12 or 22w vs a 6800XT and I'm hoping the 7900XT will play nice just the same, as on a 6800XT framecapped at 1080p 60 Cyberpunk was around 117w and TLOU 127W IIRC when I asked someone to do the same test undervolted...
I'm only after framecapping single player games at 60fps 1080p and then will run higher for MP, this build is mainly about literal bang per watt power consumption as we pay a disgusting 46p/kwh.

So if it can roughly match what I've already been shown a 6800XT can do when undervolted in terms of wattage then I'll definitely go for the 7900XT :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
If you look at TPU's review of the 7900 XT, they tell you what the vsync power consumption is @ stock.
WOAH! I was NOT expecting that!!! Will that be 1080p ultra? As it doesn't state the res/settings used?

I'm basically sold now then, thanks mate!!! Might not even need to bother undervolting it then, I mean I probs still will, but wow. Thank you buddy!

Last edited:
Probably 1080p Ultra, yes.

V-Sync: If you don't need the highest framerate and want to conserve power, running at 60 FPS is a good option. In this test, we run Cyberpunk 2077 at 1920x1080, capped to 60 FPS. This test is also useful in testing a graphic card's ability to react to situations with only low power requirements. For graphics cards that can't reach 60 FPS at 1080p, we report the power draw at the highest achievable frame rate.

Amazing, cheers for this mate. I did try have a look but it's never outlined on the page with the graphs and the sections before tend to focus on just the highest possible res/settings!

Thank you so much for this! That's sold me, it's insane it's that low of a draw! A 6800XT only does that when undervolted and is around 10-20w higher depending on the game.
That's got me thinking it might even crack 90w undervolted then at a locked 1080p 60fps! As that's all I want for SP games, and MP wise I probs will just play cs:go/2 1080p 144fps/hz but I tend to mainly do MP these days.

That's definitely sold me now vs buying a 6800xt!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom