• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7950 or 670 ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 61728
  • Start date

Deleted member 61728

D

Deleted member 61728

Been trying to make a decision between the two but its hard like usual because one website review says 670 and the other 7950.

Which is better bang for the buck 7950 or 670 and which is likely more future proof ?

Cheers

Associate
7950 is the best bang for buck, assuming you will over clock it. These cards are begging to be over clocked, you need to do it to get the most value out of them. They are also more future proof, having more vram and better multiscreen performance should you upgrade to multiscreen in the future.

Associate
Bang for the buck will be the 7950. But I would still go with the 670 myself, I did not have a lot of luck with AMD in the past.

Soldato
7950 Twin Frozr I think is the best bang for buck, can't see @Defy's reasoning behind spending more on a less efficient cooler (especially as no VRAM chips or anything is cooled and you're paying more than a Twin Frozr.

Soldato
7950 is def best bang for buck but in my experience with AMD (single card + single monitor, single card + multi-monitor and crossfire with both) I have never had much luck with the drivers, whereas Nvidia most of the time just seems to work. So for me the choice has to be GTX670 but only if the price is sub £300.

Soldato
7950 is def best bang for buck but in my experience with AMD (single card + single monitor, single card + multi-monitor and crossfire with both) I have never had much luck with the drivers, whereas Nvidia most of the time just seems to work. So for me the choice has to be GTX670 but only if the price is sub £300.

no issue with drivers for me even with a eyefinity 120hz setup.
all the things I had been issue with using apple adaptors that isnt exactly compatible. does work though.

any of the cards are fine to use.

Back
Top Bottom