• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Nice temps but the 3,6k rpm seems loud or am I wrong?
Only just noticed that my card get 1.25v voltage and seen that other people get no vram temps with HIS card...

Nice temps but the 3,6k rpm seems loud or am I wrong?
Only just noticed that my card get 1.25v voltage and seen that other people get no vram temps with HIS card...

The fan speed is reported incorrectly, its about 2200rpm max which is almost silent. The accelero at 100% sounds like a stock fan at 15%.

The card you have many not have vrm monitoring im afraid.

The fan speed is reported incorrectly, its about 2200rpm max which is almost silent. The accelero at 100% sounds like a stock fan at 15%.

The card you have many not have vrm monitoring im afraid.

Makes it difficult when OCing, but I gave up on benching since my cpu isnt the top of the top. Since its only i5 2400 3.6GHz :p
But the voltage problem is annoying as I have to put constant voltage on my card to keep it stable :(

BOOST technology is very annoying, they should let the user choose if he wants the boost or not in the drivers +small info about it.

Last edited:
Hey guys without reading through this whole thread could someone tell me how well the heatsinks stuck on?

I fitted a single fan version of this to an old card a few months ago and the grey paste glue stuff didn't seem to stick very well or dry very fast.

I may have not read the instructions properly and wondered if this was an issue as I'm thinking of getting this cooler and msi 7970 next time I get paid.

Hey guys without reading through this whole thread could someone tell me how well the heatsinks stuck on?

I fitted a single fan version of this to an old card a few months ago and the grey paste glue stuff didn't seem to stick very well or dry very fast.

I may have not read the instructions properly and wondered if this was an issue as I'm thinking of getting this cooler and msi 7970 next time I get paid.

The paste isn't the best. It takes a skilled tactician to use it. Rather than putting yourself through the stresses and strains of using the supplied G1 may i recommend you use this thermal tape instead.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=TH-001-AK

Its cheap and works well. Tommy used it himself. Its double sided adhesive so you just put that on the gpu then stick the heatsinks on to that. This will wipe hours off the install time. You can stick the sinks on and use it immediately.

If you do happen to get this cooler, can i have your G1? That stuff is like crack to me. Can't get enough of it. I'll be happy to cover any postage costs etc. Maybe we can discuss it further via trust. :)

The paste isn't the best. It takes a skilled tactician to use it. Rather than putting yourself through the stresses and strains of using the supplied G1 may i recommend you use this thermal tape instead.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=TH-001-AK

Its cheap and works well. Tommy used it himself. Its double sided adhesive so you just put that on the gpu then stick the heatsinks on to that. This will wipe hours off the install time. You can stick the sinks on and use it immediately.

If you do happen to get this cooler, can i have your G1? That stuff is like crack to me. Can't get enough of it. I'll be happy to cover any postage costs etc. Maybe we can discuss it further via trust. :)

You can have mine, that's for sure. I'm not really the patient type so the tape sounds like the better option for me. I'll be buying mine friday, as soon as I get it I'll pm you and get it sent over.

Is there much difference in temps with the tape once it's bedded in?

That tape looks more my kind of thing :)

Yes I'm sure I could post it up to you:) and will let you know when I get one just not sure when my next lot of money is coming in hopefully next week because I already sold my old card.

Breathe Matt. Breathe.

LOL, matt maybe won the lottery?

Your missus sneakily took a pic, said youve been dancing about the house holding your hands in the air:

8a78bfea7e251a6c9d6cf6a03e79f2c1.jpg

:D

You can have mine, that's for sure. I'm not really the patient type so the tape sounds like the better option for me. I'll be buying mine friday, as soon as I get it I'll pm you and get it sent over.

Is there much difference in temps with the tape once it's bedded in?

That tape looks more my kind of thing :)

Yes I'm sure I could post it up to you:) and will let you know when I get one just not sure when my next lot of money is coming in hopefully next week because I already sold my old card.

Breathe Matt. Breathe.

Like buses eh?

LOL!! Thanks Fellas. You made my day. Two packets of G1? I'll have to break out a bottle tonight!

Ain't it always the way, you wait forever for G1 and suddenly two come along at once. :D

Just realised I have a brand new unused Accelero in my parts cupboard I bought for my reference 7970 and never used. Completely forgot about that. Nice....

Stop it you!

Give me your g1 please moog. :)

Last edited:
Just realised I have a brand new unused Accelero in my parts cupboard I bought for my reference 7970 and never used. Completely forgot about that. Nice....

Will it go to MM?

I'm thinking of changing the BIOS values, like you can in Nvidia.
Put the values of a stable OC and make a copy of original BIOS, but I ain't sure how to do it...hmm

Last edited:
Can't do it on the 79's unless RBE has been updated, or someone else makes an app, made my own custom bios with RBE on my AC Extreme CrossFire 6950>70's@silly volts.

Would just make profiles in an unlocked CCC varying in clockspeed all the way up to 1050MHz.:D

Back
Top Bottom