• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

I had a look through the last 4 pages, didn't find it and ended up doing a thread search. Nothing came up for 'HIS' or 'VRM' strangely :confused:

Not bothered really as I don't want an HIS card :)

Nae matter, we'll see what OcUK say. I've been without a card for a few months now. I can wait a little longer.

I had a look through the last 4 pages, didn't find it and ended up doing a thread search. Nothing came up for 'HIS' or 'VRM' strangely :confused:

Not bothered really as I don't want an HIS card :)

Nae matter, we'll see what OcUK say. I've been without a card for a few months now. I can wait a little longer.

Yes it was the His, you get the powerjack thinamyjig with it too iirc.

I didn't think the ref 7970's would have changed from original spec being ref, but would be better of checking to be sure than sorry.;)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=23832143&postcount=459

That's the HIS guy. Drop him a trust and ask him.

The his uses a non reference board with a reference cooler. I used one in a build not so long ago. It was a horrid blue board and it was considerably lighter than my launch reference 7970. I would avoid it if clocking tbh.

He's got an IceQ 7950 at the moment.

14dzrc3jpg.gif

We must never talk of this moment again.

The his uses a non reference board with a reference cooler. I used one in a build not so long ago. It was a horrid blue board and it was considerably lighter than my launch reference 7970. I would avoid it if clocking tbh.

Phew. That should keep the tommys in white coats away for another week or so.

EK really need to sort out their Cooling configurator. It shows the HIS as a reference board.
It's probably not their fault as manufacturers keep changing specs and instead of using new product codes, they just add 'rev' on the end. Must be hard to keep up.

EK really need to sort out their Cooling configurator. It shows the HIS as a reference board.
It's probably not their fault as manufacturers keep changing specs and instead of using new product codes, they just add 'rev' on the end. Must be hard to keep up.

They wait until the reviews are out then produce a V2 card using cheaper parts and lower clocks as well as using inferior memory.

You can have mine, that's for sure. I'm not really the patient type so the tape sounds like the better option for me. I'll be buying mine friday, as soon as I get it I'll pm you and get it sent over.

Is there much difference in temps with the tape once it's bedded in?

Well the cheap accelero i bought of an auction site didn't come with G1. It came with the permanent adhesive. :( So im banking on you now mate. Wherever you get it from, it needs to be older stock if its gonna come with G1 it seems.

I put an info request in CS, so we'll what happens there.

There's literally no other 7950/70 that I'm interested in at the moment considering my requirements, so let's hope they can find a couple in the back of Gibbo's sofa or something.

On a brighter note, my Gelid GC arrived :) Might end up sticking some under the K2 to keep me entertained...

Back
Top Bottom