• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

I have just used some Arctic Silver ASTA-7G to fit all the sinks to my reference 7970. Good job I did a decent job as I doubt they will ever come off again.. :)

I have not tried it yet as I'm loving my 680 to much at the moment but will try later. :)

I love the quote on the fitting instructions.

Precaution:
Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive is a permanent adhesive. Components you attach with Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive will
stay attached forever.

Looks good Matt :D Do you know why the wattage was different? Seems odd.

Any chance of a pic of the overall card with the best setup of sinks for me to follow? Unless you've already posted one....... I'm still half asleep :p

Looks good Matt :D Do you know why the wattage was different? Seems odd.

Any chance of a pic of the overall card with the best setup of sinks for me to follow? Unless you've already posted one....... I'm still half asleep :p

Having now tested every possible Accelero heatsink setup, this is the best possible placement to keep vrm temps low. I highly recommend using arctic's permanent adhesive (the new glue that comes with accelero's as it should come off with some effort) on the vrm's. Keep tape/G1 for the vram chips.

i2KVRaE.jpg.png

Last edited:
Anyhoo, good stuff Matt. I've only been telling you to use thermal glue for what seems like forever :p

Btw, got a spare enzo sink? I may require one :D

Yeah i wonder if the peter stuff is the same as the accelro uses, it looks identical. Provides a really good fit. Delighted with my new vrm temps.

Yeah if you need one drop me a trust. ;)

Dunno if it's the same stuff. Did you do a test with it at all?
If it is like it, it'll dry in a rubber sealant kinda way. Not exactly, but very similar.
Definitely doesn't dry like cement.

Well chaps, I've sold my babies to a fellow forum member.(seekdestroy) :)

It's been a pleasure but now I've returned to the green side

Have a shower first to get rid of the smell and then we welcome you back with open arms :)

(Use Vim in the shower and plenty of disinfectant(maybe better to have two showers coz you won't have another for a while now your back to Nvidia))

Someone defend us peasants from the AMD basher!

;)

Done!:D

Good luck Neil and I look forward to your future clash of the titans with greg. :D

Last edited:
Well chaps, I've sold my babies to a fellow forum member.(seekdestroy) :)

It's been a pleasure but now I've returned to the green side

You will be missed Scotty. You were the 'Good Guy' of the AMD'ers.

Have a shower first to get rid of the smell and then we welcome you back with open arms :)

(Use Vim in the shower and plenty of disinfectant(maybe better to have two showers))

We are like hair. We get cleaner the less we wash, right lads?

im sure the 8k series will lure you back to the red team:p I heard they kick titans butt

That's what 8pack says. Knowing AMD it will be priced around £300-£450 as well so can *hopefully* expect a nice saving compared to a £850-£1000 titan.

Last edited:
Right lads. Phew what a day yesterday. Disgruntled i trundled off to bed and watched a double bill of emmerdale and thought things through, like any man would. Dreamt all night about gpu coolers, paste, heatsinks and annoyingly that bloody arnie picture that pete posted a page back. Anyway i digress...

Ahh, that cracked me up :D

Back
Top Bottom