• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

I've got an image of being ****ed off. The Hybrid they've sent me has clearly been used before. It is dusty, the ring adhesives are already in place and there are worn marks on the shroud where it has obviously been used before. To say im disappointed is an understatement. As far as i can see the heatsinks are un-used but the actual pump, block, radiator and fan all look used.

EDIT

Nope even the heatsinks have been used before as i can see the remains of cleaned off adhesive.

that's pretty poor,it could be a refurbished unit?

ask for a refund and keep it

I guess so haven't heard anything back from them yet. I guess as it was via bank transfer im screwed anyway.

I'd rather they just sent me a brand new unit but i will accept a refund if they offered it to me. They better do something satisfactory or they might lose their most vocal fan.

The annoying thing is newegg is selling them brand new so why would arcic send me a used one.

Last edited:
I guess so haven't heard anything back from them yet. I guess as it was via bank transfer im screwed anyway.

I'd rather they just sent me a brand new unit but i will accept a refund if they offered it to me. They better do something satisfactory or they might lose their most vocal fan.

The annoying thing is newegg is selling them brand new so why would arcic send me a used one.

theres clearly been a mixup somewhere,i would guess at it being a user/refurbished unit that they've repaired ect but im only guessing

if they give you a healthy discount and it turns out to work fine then I guess that would help sweeten the taste

i hate it when these things happen. the other party just can't respond fast enough!

Well they've had a few hours to respond so far. I can only assume that they're trying to figure out how they managed to send me a second hand dirty unit with essential parts missing that means its useless. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part though.

well after checking back a few pages it seems like they ran out of those coolers and after you begged them, someone went looking through the bins and found one for you.

maybe this is a case of 'be careful what you wish for'

well after checking back a few pages it seems like they ran out of those coolers and after you begged them, someone went looking through the bins and found one for you.

maybe this is a case of 'be careful what you wish for'

I was told via email (which i still have by the way) that they could ship one over from the US. It was only after i paid for it that they suddenly said the US was out of stock so they shipped one from Hong Kong instead.

Its a shame they didn't even include a backplate as i can't even use this at all now.

Can't believe AC have sent you a used unit matt, doesn't matter if it's a refurb/return/ex reviewer unit, you paid for new, should have got a brand new sealed one.:(

I'll reserve judgement on AC though until matt gives us an update on what they are going to do about it.

have you fitted your cooler yet??:confused:

I got it today and it is the same card as yours. I don't have the thermal glue to stick the heatsinks on though. I was going to order that but talks of the GTX780 started popping up and it's very hard to sell a 12-13" GPU with the accelero attached.

I will order the permanent glue from artic now anyways (will cost ~$7) and if the 780 doesn't cost a fortune and it's in the $500 range then i will sell my 7970 with the stock cooler for it because when i put those heatsinks on with the permanent glue i don't think they will come off with our type of VRMs. They aren't attached to the PCB as well as the stock 7970 VRMs are.

Question though as i have yet to tinker with my card, is it voltage locked? how high is your max OC? I got some crappy ASIC quality 74% compared to the 87% of my last card so i'm curious if i can ever see 1300Mhz again on air.

Back
Top Bottom