8 hours in Paris... suggestions?

Soldato
I know it is not a lot of time in such a city but it is what it is :D

Any suggestions on what to cram in please?

Eight hours is from CDG and back to CDG in the 8 hours.

Would like to climb their Blackpool Tower and goto Montmartre but other than that, wide open.

Food will be consumed as and when I see somewhere I can eat on the run (cheaper the better). Suggestions? Prefer to eat with the locals for better value if possible. Last time went to London got the train out to a Pie and Mash place, cost a few quid and they said "You can have any pie, but we only have these". Was great, service was quick, food was hot and not a tourist in sight (bar me), no complaints :D

Any input appreciated, thanks.

Associate
I wouldn't bother, the place is a big dirty dump largely populated by people selling miniature Eiffel Tower's or being generally ignorant and rude.

Yes that's my own opinion, and I'm allowed it :p :p

Commissario
Don't bother with the Eiffel Tower, head down to the Louvre for a mooch about and walk up through the Tuileries garden. Montmatre is worth a walk round too.

Don't wear a yellow jacket either.

Soldato
You could probably go into Paris but it'd be a flying visit and timing would be tough. Traffic can be bad as well. I really like Paris but I'd probably hesitate to recommend going into Paris for what would at best be 4 hours.

Soldato
OP
Don't bother with the Eiffel Tower, head down to the Louvre for a mooch about and walk up through the Tuileries garden. Montmatre is worth a walk round too.

Those Gardens look good for a mooch around :D

I know the tower is what it is but I want to go.. yes, call me a tourist :(

The Taxi is dropping me off at the tower so that gives some time saved.

Soldato
You could probably go into Paris but it'd be a flying visit and timing would be tough. Traffic can be bad as well. I really like Paris but I'd probably hesitate to recommend going into Paris for what would at best be 4 hours.

I'm inclined to agree with this guy. I don't know what the logistics are like in terms of getting to and from CDG, however in terms of things to do in Paris:

• as mentioned previously the Louvre is worth a look
  • you could then take a mooch down the Champs Elysees to the Arc De Triomphe
  • you've got the Grand Palais halfway down that walk
  • Alternatively do it in reverse and then you can walk along the Seine a bit further to Pont Neuf and take a gander at Notre Dame
  • You could grab a bite somewhere along there but to be fair I don't know what luck you'll have finding a local spot amongst all that touristy goodness.
It's a tricky one really, I love Paris but the best times I've had there have been when I've had the freedom to slow down and take in ambiance. I think the best you can hope for in 4 hours is either having a saunter and finding somewhere with atmosphere to have a bite, or doing a bit of a tourist mad dash to a few of the obvious places.

Commissario
If you're dead set on doing the Eiffel Tower then you'll need to book and be prepared for queues. I really would save it for another occasion when you have more time to dedicate to it, you can get just as good views heading up to the Sacre Couer.

Caporegime
If you're dead set on doing the Eiffel Tower then you'll need to book and be prepared for queues. I really would save it for another occasion when you have more time to dedicate to it, you can get just as good views heading up to the Sacre Couer.

Probably a better view since if you take a photo, the Eiffel Tower is in the photo.

Back
Top Bottom