8 Pack benches the EVGA 780ti Classified on air and the rest!!!

OcUK Staff
I have been waiting a while for an uprated PWM 780 Ti card to arrive into Overclockers UK. 780 Ti has phenomenal performance but just like Titan in reference form has a PWM not suited to what I need when extreme Overclocking on LN2 cooling. When the prestigious EVGA 780 Ti Classfied arrived into the Overclockers UK offices with its proven PWM power delivery and awesome clocking potential I thought I would see what it was capable of on all types of cooling. I decided to start with air so the gamers can see what they can expect out of the box. With this adding to my previous air cooled results posted on here in which I had benched all the current top GPU and finishing with LN2 and hopefully a record or two.

The system I used for ragging (I mean testing) was my standard review system. So ASUS M6G, 4770K @5ghz, Corsair DDR2600 Fast and Tight and the new addition Superflower Leadex 1200w PSU with its very strong 12v Rail.

OS was Windows 7 64 Bit
Nvidia drivers where version 331.82

In the graphs below you see the results for the EVGA 780 TI classified against the best of the rest in Heaven 3.0 at 4xAF, 4XAA and Normal Tessalation (As used all over these forums), Valley in Xtreme HD preset ,3D Mark 11 Performance Pre set ,Firestrike and Firestrike Xtreme Presets.

cmo8.jpg

As you can see from the graphs the winner in every bench mark was the EVGA 780 Ti Classified. This is a little surprising for me as some of the bench marks I ran do tend to favour AMD. This 780 ti Classfied is raw GPU power.

The main reason the 780 ti Classy did so well is its ability to overclock stably to higher levels than the rest or indeed any Ti I have tested thus far. The core benched all day at 1335mhz and the memory an incredible 8200mhz which is the most I have seen on any GPU even on LN2 cooling. The cooler is very quiet and very efficient at removing heat even when the card is pushed hard. Build quality definitely translates into mhz where this card is concerned.

In summary then the 780 ti Classy is the best card I have tested to date on air cooling. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who has this kinda money for a GPU. I am fairly certain given water cooling around 1400mhz will be possible.

Next the LN2 pass me the EVbot someone!!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your PSU may be light for two who knows. 780 ti draw alkot of current when going into 3D then it settles down but peaks may be too high for 850 watt units with high draw overclocked systems.

The card has OCP/OVP at 1.4v. I am able to bench at 1605mhz/2010 mems with 1.4 Vcore though so its looking good for 1.55 which is usually what you need to max out these cards. A new Bios is defo needed for the card for XOC and I have requested one from EVGA. I ran in window mode to check boost under full load with GPU-Z sensors tab and its 1605mhz.

Here is 3D 11 result at 1605/2010 with air cooled 5ghz Haswell. This is version 1.05 of teh bench which I have installed on this test rig at home. At work I have 1.01.

Last edited:
Nope!!!

Standard card no mods other than Bios which does not help as it does not go above 1.4v and LN2 cooling. I have requested a new bios as I say in the post. 1.55 this card will fly.

Back
Top Bottom