8 Pack "shower head" watercooling

Associate
I guess we will have to see, from the video I took it to mean that the very top of the range, bleeding-edge stuff would carry a heavy price premium...

OcUK Staff
Interesting idea, get the feeling pricing is going to be higher than current market offerings but if the claims of the blocks keeping upto 10c cooler than others on the market then it may be worth the extra cost.
They wont be more expensive than current at all..... Infact X1 will be very very competitive.....

OcUK Staff
It isn't his tech at all. It's Nexalus' tech. They're launching into the consumer market via a partnership with CaseKing / OCUK - he's essentially the spokesmodel, if you will, for said product, and helps with testing and feedback based on it.

My main concern is the production quality of these products. Nexalus have a really good reputation, but their commercial stuff isn't for show (consumer stuff will be), and they've not done this kind of packaging before. The products at the show looked like crap in the videos, and several attendees I know confirmed that. They looked to be a very, very long way off production quality (or aesthetics). Caseking reps & 8pack acknowledged that they were non-final and they'd have new packaging soon, and be using top quality stuff ... but also said these were 6-10 weeks out from availability. That's virtually no time at all. If they push that fast - and from what has been said and I've heard they didn't have protos of new packaging and tops in hand before Computex - they're likely to be a disaster.

We've repeatedly seen what AlphaCool's rush-to-market strategies have ended in. Really hope that won't happen here, as the actual cooling tech Nexalus use is potentially very high performance, and could push other incumbents to innovate.

The look, quality and feel will be great... This is being tweaked every single day..... I have a lot of input on everything to do with this project... I am not just a spokes person at all its very much my project as much as a Nexalus project....

Associate
We have other innovative products in development too so your entire watercooling loop can be Nexalus 8Pack with all optimised for industry leading performance....

Don't brand the products with your nom de guerre, please

There is a reason why any clued up enthusiast avoids all such brands. Happened forever with Fatality ... even when they were the top tier AsRock boards, most avoided it due to the brand. Everyone I know with a O11 D which had a Der8auer plate mounted in it (some don't?) took it out immediately.

It's embarrassing. Most people aren't into the cult of personality stuff.

By all means, all the marketing and slides, and packaging. But please not on the products themselves. Ideally, no branding at all - you seem to be saying it'll look good enough and unique enough .. that should be the brand.

Last edited:
Associate
We have other innovative products in development too so your entire watercooling loop can be Nexalus 8Pack with all optimised for industry leading performance....

A waterblock for the chipset for the more popular X570 boards would probably sell well I could see many people wanting to do away with the small fan on most boards.

Associate
A waterblock for the chipset for the more popular X570 boards would probably sell well I could see many people wanting to do away with the small fan on most boards.

I see the opposite. The whole outcry will blow over when people realise they can't hear them.

OcUK Staff
I doubt we will do a X570 chipset block..... very low volume comparable....

AM4 block will of course be part of the launch line up in X1 and X2 guise and with all the usual finishes.....

Soldato
I doubt we will do a X570 chipset block..... very low volume comparable....

AM4 block will of course be part of the launch line up in X1 and X2 guise and with all the usual finishes.....

mention this to alphacool a long time ago with their heatsink and separate waterblock design for GPUs mated , wondering if there's anyway you could have a heatsink on the X570 and link it via heatpipe to contact plate on CLC PCU cold plate.

or with VRM, similar to water coolermaster does with GPU aio of having coldplate cover the VRM area but water contact is still directly over CPU . would be higher end and more complex but a first for the market. CLC/AIO cooling CPU and Vrm/chipset

Associate
^^^ Volume on this kind of thing too low for a launch product.... we will enter the market with core products only......
I am just wondering - would i be able to use the X2 on naked die 9900K? I was gonna buy the Ncore V1D from NudeCNC, which is direct die waterblock. I wonder how the X2 will compare to that... As a matter of availability, do you plan on shipping these around August?

OcUK Staff
The direct die model is X3.. This we envisage will be the lowest volume SKU so I not sure if they will be ready August or September... We are making strides forward daily but could do with leaps.....

We are developing 9900K naked Die version yes........ SO when its available it will fit this CPU....

Associate
Depending on the kind of solder used and whether it's feasible to delid them without damage, what about Ryzen 3xxx direct die?

Those 7nm core units are so dense ... and if it's anything like RVII (on the same process), the lower the temperatures the better.

Associate
The direct die model is X3.. This we envisage will be the lowest volume SKU so I not sure if they will be ready August or September... We are making strides forward daily but could do with leaps.....

We are developing 9900K naked Die version yes........ SO when its available it will fit this CPU....

So, since I already have a motherboard and a i9 9900K, will the X3 be sold only with systems build by caseking and OCUK (that's what I heard at least from Computex) or will there be a stand-alone limited quantity for premium price? I wonder if I may need to send my motherboard+cpu already delided if i want that X3....

Caporegime
God that video was painful, constant tangents. Get to the point before I die of old age :p

Sounds good but agree that it sounds like something which has been done already. Nothing currently available which has this sort of adaptability though so it's always good to revisit old tech ideas and revitalise the good ones!

Man of Honour
Happened forever with Fatality ... even when they were the top tier AsRock boards, most avoided it due to the brand. Everyone I know with a O11 D which had a Der8auer plate mounted in it (some don't?) took it out immediately.

It's embarrassing. Most people aren't into the cult of personality stuff.

I'd agree that a lot of people aren't into having someone else's name branded all over their stuff and admittedly do tend to avoid it personally but I don't recall it really hurting Fatal1ty - I had the OCZ Fatal1ty PSU which was fairly decent hardware (relative to the time) and didn't really care - though I got on quite well with Fatal1ty so it didn't really bother me. The mass consumer market tends to pursue these brand names, etc. a bit more than is typical at the more hardcore enthusiast level.

Soldato
I'd agree that a lot of people aren't into having someone else's name branded all over their stuff and admittedly do tend to avoid it personally but I don't recall it really hurting Fatal1ty - I had the OCZ Fatal1ty PSU which was fairly decent hardware (relative to the time) and didn't really care - though I got on quite well with Fatal1ty so it didn't really bother me. The mass consumer market tends to pursue these brand names, etc. a bit more than is typical at the more hardcore enthusiast level.

Yep never hurt Ferrari or most of the other best selling brands ;) I've got no issues with the de8auer name on my 011 Dynamic, at least it had had some thought put into it and he seems decent. If it had been a David Beckham branded case not so much :p

Associate
Yep never hurt Ferrari or most of the other best selling brands ;) I've got no issues with the de8auer name on my 011 Dynamic, at least it had had some thought put into it and he seems decent. If it had been a David Beckham branded case not so much :p

Ferrari don't plaster their F1 drivers' names and images all over their cars and associated branding and PR. They do the opposite. The latter is a promotion of their general brand. The actual products people buy are completely bereft of 'celebrity'.

Back
Top Bottom