£80 to fill up!

Soldato
with the lexus I brim it

with the mr2 I put in what i think it'll use in the journey (usualy £20-£40), as it does less than 1k miles a year, I dont want v-power or tesco 99 going stale in its tank

and both get run to below the red :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I do laugh every time my flatmate filling €130 into my old Volvo.
But I do realise that it's costing me the same, it's just my 40 litre tank is half the size.

Petrol and diesel just went up 3 and 4 cents respectively.
Filling up with 98 @ €1.652 (145p) is pretty depressing :(

Associate
I always put enough to cover me for the week/weekend but I dont go by how much money I spend I just put in 20 to 25 litres of petrol generaly, as I dont go anywhere out of the ordinary then I only do around 200-250 miles a week.

Few reason I dont brim the tank:

• Car weights more which mean's very slightly more fuel used and strain on vehicle.
  • I fill up at the station which is next to my work so only add's 150 feet (at a guess) when i put petrol in.
  • I get paided weekly so like to budget for everything including fuel so makes it easier for myself.

Soldato
[*]Car weights more which mean's very slightly more fuel used and strain on vehicle.

LOL. It's the daily commute, not an F1 race!

I'd wager the junk you carry around in the car weighs more than the other half a tank of fuel would.

/Edit : do you also drive in the buff because your heavy clothes decrease mpg?

Last edited:
Associate
LOL. It's the daily commute, not an F1 race!

I'd wager the junk you carry around in the car weighs more than the other half a tank of fuel would.

Flawed logic which I'm sure has been covered in this thread already.

My car has very minimal "junk" just things which maybe needed all of which would be in the car if full of petrol or half full.

My car is a Hybrid so if I had 25 litres of fuel in the car rather than 55 it would make a noticeable difference to my MPG say 3+mpg, as generaly I drive light to increase my MPG and save money in the long run.

I did say slightly more fuel its not like I said I would be increasing my range by 100+ miles .

I usualy average 55 MPG so for 20 litres I should get 240 miles hopefully
If i suddenly do 50 MPG (with a full tank) I would be decreasing my range by 20 miles per week which is a free days commute to work and to the shops for me.

Over the course of a year it all add's up and cost to run a car are not getting cheaper so my "logic" is not flawed

Last edited:
Associate
I know. I was being pedantic. ;)

ok by now you can guess im not the most intelegent of people, whats pedantic mean :D

anyways back to the thread.

does my post make abit more sense now ? i should have really included that I have a hybrid in my origanl post i guess.

**edit** googled hehe

1. pedantic 220 up, 23 down

A state of mind which is about caring a lot about formalities, often more than necessary. One may be called pedantic when he/she points out corrections in unimportant details.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom