£80 to fill up!

Bri

Bri

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19994535 said:
Well I do really wacko things like brim my tank every time and use my brain to decide not to drive somewhere if I don't want to go or to calculate that I don't save money by visiting the petrol station 6 times a week or to grasp the incredible concept that £90 once a month is the same as £10 9 times a month.

But it seems I am in the minority.

My commute is 9 miles a day, I don't need a full tank to get to work, nor would I visit the station 6 times a week.

Don
not sure [bmw]fox was specifcally addressing you good sir, besides go and purchase a man suit your bird shouldn't be dictating what you do with your petrol and money, shorten her kitchen chain.

:D

Man of Honour
My commute is 9 miles a day, I don't need a full tank to get to work, nor would I visit the station 6 times a week.

My commute is the same. Despite this the 335i's smaller tank annoys me. With the 530i I can go over a month between fill ups at times, blissful.

If I could have a 100 litre tank that would be amazing.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19994535 said:
Well I do really wacko things like brim my tank every time and use my brain to decide not to drive somewhere if I don't want to go or to calculate that I don't save money by visiting the petrol station 6 times a week or to grasp the incredible concept that £90 once a month is the same as £10 9 times a month.

No on your own I'm afraid!

Soldato
True dat.

The full tank of fuel adds weight to the car which decreases your MPG in any driving style.

9x£10 fill ups is a little extreme, but the logical would be breaking it up into 4 fill-ups. I'm sure there was some eco-warrior report on this.

The savings are negligible and are far outweighed by the effort/time of stopping more often.

Caporegime
Fox, I'm sorry if I have missed a post (but I was away for two weeks) out of nothing but pure interest, have you sold the 335i yet?

Back on topic, I myself put in two lots of £40 each month, this lasts me a month with my usual driving to and from work, and mooching around to shopping centres at the weekend.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Fox, I'm sorry if I have missed a post (but I was away for two weeks) out of nothing but pure interest, have you sold the 335i yet?

Back on topic, I myself put in two lots of £40 each month, this lasts me a month with my usual driving to and from work, and mooching around to shopping centres at the weekend.

Why don't you just brim the tank?

Soldato
True dat.

The full tank of fuel adds weight to the car which decreases your MPG in any driving style.

9x£10 fill ups is a little extreme, but the logical would be breaking it up into 4 fill-ups. I'm sure there was some eco-warrior report on this.

I think you got my post wrong. I am agreeing with fox! I brim my tank all the time!

Bri

Bri

Soldato
not sure [bmw]fox was specifcally addressing you good sir, besides go and purchase a man suit your bird shouldn't be dictating what you do with your petrol and money, shorten her kitchen chain.

:D

Ahhh, but she's 6-months pregnant & I'm all about the quiet life :D

[TW]Fox;20012359 said:
My commute is the same. Despite this the 335i's smaller tank annoys me. With the 530i I can go over a month between fill ups at times, blissful.

If I could have a 100 litre tank that would be amazing.

Unsurprisingly, you must have more self-control than me :p Although I have filled the tank this week because I got 6p off a litre at Morrisons :cool:

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19994535 said:

+1

We agree on one thing at least ;)

I got over two months out of a tank earlier in the year. :D

Associate
Instead of starting a new thread...does anyone know how much savings companies usually get off prices when using a fuel card?

I ask because I have a crappy BP bunker card, which can only be used a BP stations, only one of which is anywhere near my commuting route and currently has a unleaded price of 137.9p per litre, whereas the ESSO station round the corner from work in chesterton is 131.9P a litre. I've seen a few other BP stations and none of them have ever been cheap (one of the only other ones I go past is birch services so thats hardly going to be competitive). We used to have Arval cards which could use pretty much everywhere, im sure the woman at head office has done a bad deal on getting these cards.

Back
Top Bottom