£800-£1000 New Build - Pls help before my head explodes

Associate
Hey guys, I've been looking a new pc for a long time, but honestly i havent got a clue when it comes to specs/hardware - I've been reading about the forums today and would really appreciate any help here.

Basically got got about 800-900£ to spend, but am willing to stretch up to 1000£ if its good value (black friday and all that)

Main use will be for gaming+desktop. I use my pc quite a lot, i work online, usually have multiple browers open and play some moderately powerful games. Im not looking to play AAA games on 4k or anything but it would be nice to run the likes of CSGO, Dota, Apex etc as effortlessly as possible while also looking decent. A decent processor would be a big plus as i play Football Manager a lot and it uses a lot of processing power

I only need a pc, already got a monitor, chair, keyboard etc. My monitor is an Acer XF240H if that makes any difference, pretty happy with it. Buying parts seperate is fine as OC can build it

If I've left any info out or messed anything up apologies, i really do appreciate any help you can give

Cheers

edit- dont need win10/antivirus or any extras

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hey Damien,

This configurator might be a good start for you, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-series-gaming-pc-fs-1dn-og.html#t=b2c1d8h2i4

I would suggest the Ryzen 5 3600,1660 Super with 16gb of RAM as a good start in your price bracket.

Thanks for the reply mate, looks good! I changed the storage to 1tb SSD and its coming in at £768. Is there any upgrades you think would be worthwhile seeing as ive got a little bit of budget left, for example would it be worth going 1 up on graphics card or anything? Or ultimately is the upgrade minimal?

any tests i seem to do show that the vega 64 seems to be by far the best benchmark while under £300, plus its amd which helps with my monitor freesync unless im mistaken?

cheers

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
If it was me i would go with the 5700 it is a very good card, it can handle 1440p high/ultra graphics at around 60 fps for most new game benchmarks i have seen, so if you are considering a monitor upgrade or just want to future proof yourself it is a good choice.

All modern AMD GPUs support freesync so the 5700 covers that as well.

Have a look at some benchmarks of it vs the Vega 64, from the ones i have seen it outperforms it and for pretty much the same price it seems like a good choice.

Associate
OP
If it was me i would go with the 5700 it is a very good card, it can handle 1440p high/ultra graphics at around 60 fps for most new game benchmarks i have seen, so if you are considering a monitor upgrade or just want to future proof yourself it is a good choice.

All modern AMD GPUs support freesync so the 5700 covers that as well.

Have a look at some benchmarks of it vs the Vega 64, from the ones i have seen it outperforms it and for pretty much the same price it seems like a good choice.

Brilliant mate thanks again, gonna have a look at it now.

Il be ordering the pc tomorrow evening probably, so im still open to suggestions if anyone fancies throwing their 2 cents in. Thanks again though Josh, given me a lot to work with, but im wondering would it be better to order all the parts seperate and have OC build it? I mean would that work out cheaper? Id also get a few free games like Cod+Borderlands which i would buy anyway, so thats saving 80£ or so

OcUK Staff
Its definitely something to consider its difficult to say what would end up cheaper at the moment due to the Black Friday sales.

Associate
OP
Tried making it piece by piece to compare prices, cant find the specific mobo/psu from the build you sent so i just put 2 decent looking ones in

https://imgur.com/7w8Ch7x

It works out slightly cheaper piece by piece - the price is the same but iv added a more expensive case, psu, plus the games etc

Any idea how much OC charge to build?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is really similar to what i have in my basket, think im gonna go with this one thanks mate

As for windows, yeah iv got it on a usb with a serial etc already so literally just need a pc at the min. Gonna have a mate build it, 100-150 is pretty crazy prices for something that doesnt take that long

Really appreciate all the help guys thank you again

Soldato
This is really similar to what i have in my basket, think im gonna go with this one thanks mate

As for windows, yeah iv got it on a usb with a serial etc already so literally just need a pc at the min. Gonna have a mate build it, 100-150 is pretty crazy prices for something that doesnt take that long

Really appreciate all the help guys thank you again

case isn't glass which is a shame. take time on that one finding one you like.

if you got extra as well. MSI Carbon wifi - has wifi if you need it and slightly up on VRM from Tomahawk and better then A-pro

and then, if you had the cash to spare, more so then case would be upping the PSU to Formula 650w

Associate
OP
Sorry to resurect this thread, ive ordered the pc and it'll be here monday hopefully. Its essentially the same as the one Orbital linked above

But my friend has just said to me i'll have issues because the RAM needs to be 3200 to make proper use of the motherboard? Is he full of it or should i ring OC over the weekend and try to amend my order?

thanks again

Soldato
Sorry to resurect this thread, ive ordered the pc and it'll be here monday hopefully. Its essentially the same as the one Orbital linked above

But my friend has just said to me i'll have issues because the RAM needs to be 3200 to make proper use of the motherboard? Is he full of it or should i ring OC over the weekend and try to amend my order?

thanks again

3000 Vs 3200 you'll see no true difference. When 3200 is recommend that's Samsung B-die or Micron E chips that overclock well or can have tight timings. But that takes manual work .

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cruc...gb-kit-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-udimm-my-20b-cr.html

Again if you went for Carbon WiFi with better board design then Pro A listed above and happy to tune away then it's a good buy

Soldato
+1 but id go for the 5700 and mod it to a xt, otherwise a 5700xt for sure.

The ram your mate said was best was wrong its 3800mhz as that's the highest you can go in a 1:1 ratio with the cpus infinity fabric.
But 3200 and 1600 infinity is no slouch, and im sure your ram will reach that no probs

Back
Top Bottom