800d Watercooling advice

Associate
OP
gorrrrgeous :)

I like the implementation of the thin 120mm Rad too.. very good, might have to nab that idea from you when I rebuild my loop :D

Thanks
I cut a hole in the plastic guard and mounted a 120mm fan in the other side pulling in. didn't do much for temps but dropped a stack off my gpu's when they were on stock cooling.

Associate
OP
Once you have finished could you add a picture with the side panel on?

That would be great, thanks!

Keep up the good work!

P.S. are those corsair fans any good? Im thinking of getting one to go under the grill where the 2 WC tubing grommits are (by the PSU).

Here are a few more for you

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

Associate
OP
The T is all female so needed the male to male to plug in to rad. You can get male T pieces but it made no odds. As for flow if you lessen the cap a touch you can bleed it up

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks amazing m8, lovely first WC build. I have pretty much the same setup but a 2700k and only 1 680. Going to try the WC soon.
I went for a red and black theme but used bitfenix cables. How many fans did you use? 6? and are they just attached to the mobo?
Are they the 1650rpm ones?

Associate
OP
The side fan actually has about 30 mm clear from the panel and helps the little wind tunnel behind it. I stripped out the hdd bay behind it and the 120mm rad in the middle sucks air straight through onto the gpus as there is a 120 fan in the plastic shroud.

All the fans are on controllers they are in the hot swap bay it's just a 3 channel sliverstone (2 fans per channel). The 120 fans are all the high performance sp120s and the 140's are af140s

Last edited:
Associate
The T is all female so needed the male to male to plug in to rad. You can get male T pieces but it made no odds. As for flow if you lessen the cap a touch you can bleed it up

I still don't quite get that.
You have a 3-way T - all females.
You screw in a 45deg fitting male-female into it (like this one)
Display.ashx

and then put a plug on it...

Why would you need a gender changer?

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom