800d Watercooling advice

Soldato
Love it, looks superb. Never thought about modding the shield over the hotswap connector cover to fit a rad! Looks great!

Nice job with the drain line too :)

Going to throw those dominators into the loop? Plexi top with some red fluid in would look sweet ;)

Associate
OP
Do you need that many rads for a cpu and dual gpu config, as i plan to add a 2nd 680.
I was going to go for a 360 in the roof and a 120 or 240 at the rear. What do you think?

Didn't make much difference. about 1-2c better off. I just thought I would try making the hotswap bay into a little wind tunnel as the 800D air cooling is pretty poor.

It helped the GPU temps when they were on stock cooling, before I added them to the loop.

Associate
OP
Love it, looks superb. Never thought about modding the shield over the hotswap connector cover to fit a rad! Looks great!

Nice job with the drain line too :)

Going to throw those dominators into the loop? Plexi top with some red fluid in would look sweet ;)

Cheers PGI. And once again thanks for all your advice on my first loop build.

I'm at the stage now where I can't do too much more to it. But I'm addicted to buying things for my PC!!;)

That's another few quid you cost me! lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, its a bad habit, add something, wait a few weeks get board and want to add something else!

If you want to spend even MORE cash then fill those extra two memory slots with more doms before you put the waterblock on them :D

I've been resisting the urge to buy doms for a few months now, I want them purely for the cosmetics of a waterblock, but it could get tricky as I want to add chipset waterblocks too.

Soldato
EK-Supremacy - CPU Waterblock - Nickel Plexi
EK-PSC Adapter Rotary 90° G1/4 Black Nickel
EK-PSC Adapter Rotary 45° G1/4 Black Nickel

Just got these to start with have to wait until next month to get more :(

Associate
OP
About to order some of the watercooling parts just to double check ill be ok with a 360 rad and a 120 rad for a cpu and dual gpu config?

Not sure if you meant to put this on your 800d thread but yeah you will be ok with the 360 & 120 for your loop. would be better to mod the case and put the 240 in.

Associate
hey i have the same board well mine is the p67 version, i was wondering does your chipset get hot? i have my 6950's and 26k watercooled but my chipset gets mega hot, im 99% sure its because im using the nf200 and its known to get toasty, just wondering if while playing a game you can pause it and just put your hand on all three chipset heatsinks around the cpu to see if there hot? if not then i will just stick my cards in the same pcie slots as you because the heat is incredible, will also save mee £100+ on a moboblock.

i also have both molex connecters on the board plugged in, they say it gives extra power to the pcie lanes which help keep gpu's stable especially when ocing them, and if you have a oc'd cpu it takes some strain off the 24pin and 8pin connecters

Soldato
Not sure if you meant to put this on your 800d thread but yeah you will be ok with the 360 & 120 for your loop. would be better to mod the case and put the 240 in.

Yer i watched the 240 mod on youtube does'nt look that hard.
I'll buy more wc parts next month when i get paided.
Should then only have 1 or 2 bits left after that.

Associate
Out of curiosity, did you have any issues putting the bay res in?

I have read in various other places that people have had issues putting dual bays in which usually ends up with them hacking things out of the case.

Associate
OP
Out of curiosity, did you have any issues putting the bay res in?

I have read in various other places that people have had issues putting dual bays in which usually ends up with them hacking things out of the case.

No issue at all. The screw hols lined up fine with the hole under the quick release pin.

Associate
as asked earlier could you please check if your chipset heatsinks get hot whilst gaming?

would greatly appreciate it

Associate
OP
as asked earlier could you please check if your chipset heatsinks get hot whilst gaming?

would greatly appreciate it

Sorry I forgot to have a look. I've got my machine in bits at the min (bit of dremel action)

Should be back up Monday I'll respond here for you mate.

Associate
OP
@muggs - Hi mate I just got my system back up and running. The heatsinks get fairly warm but not too hot after 1 hour of constantly stressing with
EVGA oc scanner along with Prime.

Associate
You and me both, funny thing is I've got an 800D sitting in front of me, think its time to add some sleeving and some new fans in there!

Ditto this case is a huge inspiration to what I can do with mine...

Im now very tempted to get the corsair fans myself... Only just to be different im thinking of going all white.

Which reminds me.

Can you put some pics up of the case with the LED's on? Im curious how well it is lit and exactly how it gets lit up.

Cheers!

Also love the foam idea!

Back
Top Bottom