800d Watercooling advice

Associate
OP
the std cutting discs will be ok but watch out for them shattering.
The speed click cutting disks are good but they are about £10 for 5 in large B&Q stores. They are much safer too. Found one or two of the brown style discs lodged in parts of the garage walls etc.

Associate
OP
Done. Changed the clear perspex for smoked with a nicer edge. I'm seriously contemplating actually using this computer now rather than tinkering with the aesthetics!

12345.jpg

Associate
OP
had some major clouding issues with the xspc tubing. Thought I would add some BP fittings and try the Tygon tubing with non-uv DP coolant.

photo-5.jpg

1copy-1.jpg

2copy.jpg

Associate
Lol I have a pile of XSPC tubing on my desk that looks just like that after 1 month with blood red X1 in it.

After trying a few brands of tubing I've given up on clear tubing now as unless I'm just very unlucky it doesn't stay clear for very long at all.

My new build I'm doing at the moment is using clear acrylic pipe all over the board which hopefully will stay clear :rolleyes:

PS - Looks great, hope the Tygon does the trick

Associate
OP
Lol I have a pile of XSPC tubing on my desk that looks just like that after 1 month with blood red X1 in it.

After trying a few brands of tubing I've given up on clear tubing now as unless I'm just very unlucky it doesn't stay clear for very long at all.

My new build I'm doing at the moment is using clear acrylic pipe all over the board which hopefully will stay clear :rolleyes:

PS - Looks great, hope the Tygon does the trick

I think it's the uv that's the issue. I've just put the aqua comp dp red it. It's none uv and looks the dogs. Are you doing a total new build I really like the system you have at the min

Associate
I think it's the uv that's the issue. I've just put the aqua comp dp red it. It's none uv and looks the dogs. Are you doing a total new build I really like the system you have at the min

I'm using most of the same parts but modding another Define XL so it fits how I want it to. Here's a quick pic of where I am now:

DSC00050.JPG

There's a thread in the project logs here if your interested.

I'm interested to know how you get on in a month or so with the new fluid and tubing, what makes you think its the UV that's the problem btw?

Associate
OP
It was something I read about the dye properties didn't go to in depth as it was a bit of a read. I'll let you know how it goes but the XSPC with mayhems blood red would have clouded already after 3 days. This stuff is still crystal clear really happy so far. Your system is looking really good btw

Soldato
had some major clouding issues with the xspc tubing. Thought I would add some BP fittings and try the Tygon tubing with non-uv DP coolant.

photo-5.jpg

1copy-1.jpg

2copy.jpg

That happened to my tubing as well when I took out the first lot :mad:
Going to drain it soon, cut the hole in the bottom fan grill. Then I'm going to use
A Pastel Light red or the white. Which one do u think would look better??? Loving that candy red fluid m8 just keeps getting better and better ;)

Associate
OP
Thanks maye i think its finally complete now im happy with it. For the mesh Google- 500 x 500 2mm hole modders mesh there are several suppliers.

Associate
OP
For cutting that bottom fan grill out so the tubes fit easier on the 240rad.
Should I cut it in place ? Or take the bottom shelf out? Is it easy to take the shelf out???

getting the shelf out is a bit one way without taking the top off the case completely in bits. You could just take your build apart and cut it in the empty case. That way its all as it was. Not sure if getting the case back together is so easy

Back
Top Bottom