• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8086k.. one core hot?

Soldato
This is a bit weird but today I noticed when looking at my temps, one core is at 70 degrees at idle, the other is at 40... then it jumps to a different core at 68? then to a different core?

Its really weird, can't really think of a fix or reason for it .

Any help? Is this something to be worried about?

Soldato
This is a bit weird but today I noticed when looking at my temps, one core is at 70 degrees at idle, the other is at 40... then it jumps to a different core at 68? then to a different core?

did you delid it ? if so reapply liquid metal

Caporegime
Maybe there's a background process running that is loading the processor, you shouldn't be getting anywhere near 70C at idle unless it's a false reading.

Soldato
As already mentioned - if you delidded you may want to have look under the hood.

What are you using to check your temps - perhaps verify with a different app (Core Temp or Real Temp)

What activity is shown in Task Manager?

Soldato

Obviously 70 degrees at idle is very bad.

The question is, is it a real reading or an error? Does the heatsink feel hot when you touch it? If it hurts, then it's too hot.

Back
Top Bottom