£85,000 bill for disgraceful misbehaviour on a Jet2 flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Soldato
OP
If only companies paid people what they should be paid to live... what a novel idea, then justice would actually mean something.
In fairness, I don't think that behaving like a lager lout can reasonably be excused by being underpaid.

I know of people who are on minimum wage and yet manage invariably to behave responsibly, both in private and in public.

It sounds very much as if Costa Express Operations Assistant Ms Haines has "problems".

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Has a commercial airliner ever been shot down by a country's airforce?
Possibly / probably, I don't recall.

However, Iran Air Flight 655 was shot down in 1988 by a ship-to-air missile fired from the USS Vincennes whose crew were subsequently awarded medals all round for bravery I believe.

And (deniable) Russian proxies shot down a Malaysian civilian aircraft over Ukraine.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
She should be punished but punished in a court of law. Private business becoming judge, jury and executioner is in no ones interest, if you think it is just wait till your child gets a bad bout of travel sickness and misses the bag and an air line decides you should be charged £2000 cleaning bill.
You are absolutely right, she should be prosecuted in a court of law for her actions.

However, private business (an airline in this case) should be entitled to claim for the costs they have incurred as a result of her stupidity and thoroughly inconsiderate misbehaviour - without the need additionally to shell out further for legal support.

The rest of your post is utterly irrelevant to this case - she isn't a child and she didn't get a "bad bout of travel sickness and miss the bag".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom