• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8700k 4.8ghz stable...

Associate
Exactly the same that was used on mine. I think it will be the delid itself that will be the issue. I have seen delids that have used to much silicone sealant when reapplying the IHS and caused temps not to be as good as others (my mate who did mine used a tiny bit on all four corners). First off i would reapply kryonaut and see how you get on.

Associate
Did you send it away to be done or get a mate to do it? My friend did mine as he has everything and does them for people all the time so it saved me about £50 buying everything lol.

Associate
Someone did it on my cpu at my place, he did it for my old 4790k without issue

What should be my temps on load at those value from your perspective?

Last edited:
Associate
mine didn't get to 60 @4.8ghz at 1.29v, it was a few weeks ago but i think it was max 56 which is why i just left it at 5ghz 24/7

Associate
same volts, speed and similar cooler (mines a 240mm corsair v2 AIO) should have very similar temps. I just think it wasn't a very successful delid. Depends if you want to do it again or not to find out lol

Associate
thats a shame, i just set my cpu to 4.8 at 1.29 and ran cinebench R15.0 and my max temp was 48 and my idle is 24-26 across all cores.

Associate
My 8600K @4.8ghz often tops out at 82C while playing BFV etc, scan built it my rig and they say this cpu is fine up to 95C.

Associate
Little Up.

What should be my settings for

CPU VCCIO Voltage
Cpu System agent voltage

I have 3466mhz ram

Also, what about CPU standby voltage?

Should I put CPu phase control to extreme?

Thanks

Soldato
Little Up.

What should be my settings for

CPU VCCIO Voltage
Cpu System agent voltage

I have 3466mhz ram

Also, what about CPU standby voltage?

Should I put CPu phase control to extreme?

Thanks

stick your VCCIO @ 1.200v = If your overclocking your cpu @ 1.250-1.300v
and your system agent @ 1.180v = should be perfectly fine @ 3466 memory speed.

higher you go on these will pump more package temps into the cpu heatoutput.
as for cpu standby voltage 1.1-1.2v should be fine.
as for phase control go one notch under extreme.. and if still unstable, try the next, its always better to be lower than higher under equal stability.

Back
Top Bottom