• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8800GT Stock?

Associate
Gibbo

Any idea if the ASUS EN8800GT is still scheduled for delivery on Friday as per the indicated stock level and ETA? If not, I'm gonna have to change the graphics card in my order to something that IS in stock.

I need my other components chop-chop and this GFX card is holding up the rest of my order . . . . . . .

Cheers !:D

Associate
OCUK Front page this morning

"The EVGA 8800 GT Superclock comes out of the box overclocked for extra performance and is supplied with this years hottest game - Crysis. **In Stock**

Pre-order " Lol, in stock to pre order. That IS a new one!

Soldato
Dear Mr Matt Wood, Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped.
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Shipped:
£184.99 x 1 - EVGA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB Superclocked "Crysis Edition" GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (512-P2-E802-AE-CrysisUK)
Get in :D

Associate
Seeing as the other eVGA cards did not arrive, it would have been nice if OcUK gave the people still waiting for the other eVGA models the option to bump ourselves up to a Crysis pack, seeing as we have been waiting for weeks.

I know full-well how this might seem to be taking the P, but when you've been waiting weeks for a card and someone else can just click buy and have it dispatched the same day.. Well I'm sure I don't need to say anymore.

Unfortunately I cannot watch the OcUK site 24/7 to see if cards have come in as I work twelve hours a day...

Finally, if I havn't P'd you off too much, do you have another ETA for the eVGA Gibbo? And would it be possible to request ANY eVGA card that comes in?

Thank you.

-dissy

Associate
I'm seriously considering a GTX or two 3870's now . . . these GT cards (from what I can see ) are not going to materialise before Xmas - or at least I doubt if I'll have one in hand by then !

Soldato
I'm seriously considering a GTX or two 3870's now . . . these GT cards (from what I can see ) are not going to materialise before Xmas - or at least I doubt if I'll have one in hand by then !

Well if you are planning on getting a GTX wait abit for the GTS, if there is no stock on release, go for a GTX, but if you look around its not hard to find some GT's.

Associate
Soldato
I wonder . . .

In a parallel universe where there were plenty of 8800GT's available for sale . . .

Would nearly every (non GTX owning) gamer in these these forums own one?

I wonder . . . ?

Associate
Do you really intend on keeping an 8800GT for over 1 year??

Yes, yes I do. Perhaps not nessicarily to use in my main rig; I have other computers. I may 'lend' the card to a friend...

Graphics cards these days are quite powerful, and not every machine needs to play the latest and greatest games.

Even then, I am still using a 6600 GT in my main rig. Granted, I mainly play hl2-based games and other games from that 'era'. But it is sufficient for those games @ 1280x1024.

-dissy

Soldato
Yes, yes I do. Perhaps not nessicarily to use in my main rig; I have other computers. I may 'lend' the card to a friend...

Graphics cards these days are quite powerful, and not every machine needs to play the latest and greatest games.

Even then, I am still using a 6600 GT in my main rig. Granted, I mainly play hl2-based games and other games from that 'era'. But it is sufficient for those games @ 1280x1024.

-dissy

So why even bother upgrading if all you play is HL2. You've got quite a wait ahead if you wont go with a card with 1 yr warranty.

Associate
Erm. Those of us with tight financial budgets don't have the luxery to upgrade more than once a year, I've had a 7800GTX now for two years. Just because he 'mainly' plays Half Life 2 doesn't necessarily mean its the only he game he plays. I mainly only play Jedi Outcast..., yet that won't stop me upgrading my system now to perform well with current titles.

Back
Top Bottom