• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8800Ultra Dead?

Soldato
Whenever I start NFS Shift I get weird red artefacts in diagonal lines across the screen before the game locks and I get a BSOD.

This doesn't happen with every game though, less so with less demanding ones.

I've updated to the latest beta drivers from the latest WHQL ones and its made no difference.

I've installed Rivatuner and the card isn't running hot at the moment but I have no idea if it did overheat before.

The card isn't overclocked either and I've taken it out, cleaned it and re-seated it.

Time for a new card? Or could it be Win7 x64? (Even though it has worked fine for a couple of weeks before this)

Soldato
OP
Leadtek. I checked and its only got a 2 year warranty.

There seem to be A LOT of people with dead cards on here as of late!!!

Got myself a 4890 to replace it from the MM now :D

Associate
I know were talking 2-3 year old cards here but there does seem to be a lot of 8 series cards going kaput recently.

Grats on the 4890, nice little performance increase there :)

Associate
Same story with my 8800 Ultra a few months back. Sent it back to eVGA in Germany and they shipped me a new GTX 260.

Back
Top Bottom