8th Annual BOINC Pentathlon: 5th May - 19th May 2017

Soldato
OP
We almost nicked 11th back on Cosmo, but in the grand scheme of things it made no difference.
12th overall last year, so we are heading in the right direction :)
We're gonna have to crack the top 10 next year to continue our progress.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
4k on Cosmology after 14 days. That's annoying :D

Well done team for so few players we punched quite hard :)

I know Tony wanted to know what we were running. For me it varied a bit as I found and massaged some kit
a 4 CPU AMD rig - quite aged now but 64 cores on an ancient linux version
a i7 5820 with 980Ti
a i7 6700HQ lappy with 1060
a i7 6700 PC and i5 3xxx PC

Associate
Well done guys/gals. One week from now you get a chance to redeem yourselves in battle yet again, in the next FB Sprint. :p

(meanwhile, I'm shutting this **it down...waaaayy over budget on electricity)

Man of Honour
I ran, two 8 thread i7's, a dual cpu 24 thread Mac, two 4 thread i5's for the CPU projects.
For Einstein I threw my FAH gpu's at the task, so 1x 1080 and 3x 1070's

Associate
My 'normal' budget is double my standard, no crunching bill, which translates to about $4 US per day. I am expecting this next billing cycle to be double that, but actually I fear it may be even worse, $500 (total) probably. I'll have to only crunch during FB Sprint projects for a while to get back into budget.

I was 'supposed' to sell off the 8 workstations (2P Westmeres, 24 threads each) a long long time ago to pay for the first two Xeon 14 cores I built. That simply has to happen now, I can't be tempted to run like this everytime there's a race. :D The new 2TB HD's came in for them today (came with 72GB Raptors), so they will soon be stripped clean of BOINC and all personal info, and have fresh WinTen installations, ready for sale.

So, if you're wondering, yes, this may mean you will have an easier time at the FB Sprints, but....we did pick up a new cruncher on the last 24-28 hours of the Pentathlon, who has 3 new Ryzen systems, ready to roar. :) Seems you had some extra power for the 5athlon as well. ;) Should be great fun! :D

Soldato
one of out big hitters was really busy with work and didn't have time to set his systems up correctly. him alone if he set up all his systems would give more than 200 cores
so you are expecting the running of just the penthathlon alone cost you $500 ?

Associate
For the entire month, not just the 5athlon. Some Formula BOINC in there as well. CPUs alone were pulling almost 4500watts (for what, 19 days?), GPUs pulled 2430watts. Plus air-conditioning, all at $0.10 per KW/h. Gonna be an ugly bill.

I'm not sure when my billing cycle ends, it may be spread across two billing cycles.

Back
Top Bottom