90 degree fittings

Associate
I have seen several comments where people state a 90 degree fitting is very bad for the flow in a water loop, and that these should be minimised as far as is possible. Is this actually a concern?

my next loop is almost definitely going to be soft tube. But, all rigid tube design are mostly based around 90 degree turns.

So, what’s the consensus? 90 degrees = bad? Or not an issue? Thanks :)

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot guys. The main reason I had asked this question initially was that I posted a build on here in 2015, and got a comment or two about the number of 90 degree turns (despite the number of quick disconnects I had on that build!). I thought it was a little bit harsh at the time, but it was the first computer I had ever built so didn't really know how "wrong" I'd done it (or not). It worked very well though. Here

Am about to do my second pc build as you may have seen in other posts. The first system has dual D5 pumps, whereas the new system will likely be a single D5, driving 3x360 rads.

So in planning the loop design for the next system, I wasn't necessarily worried about using 90 degrees, but wanted to cover off the question with those far more knowledgable than I - ie, you lot! :)

Another associated query would be about pipe run length; am almost certain to use some "through" radiators, partly to shorten the pipe run. From what I've read, it should be a consideration for this new build.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom