£900-£1000 Gaming PC

Soldato
Thanks for all the help guys!

I notice both Ethermaster and honosuseri you both suggested the i5 instead of the i7.

Was this simply just to bring price down or do you think it can handle it?

Thanks again

No worries fella. Never hurts to talk things through and weigh up all the options :)

The i7 offers Hyperthreading over the i5K. Doesn't make much odds at all for games but people have said using the i7 can maintain better minimum FPS when using dual GPUs. Hyperthreading really kicks into play for video editing etc. So for gaming rigs there is no real shame in opting for the i5K.

It's your build so your rules. If you want the i7K for a better all round rig nobody will call you silly. I pointed out the refurb'd H100, I could have used that saving to help fund the i7 but I was trying to balance in everything you wanted to the budget and the i5K is fine for gaming as I said.

You can use THIS to help you post baskets in the future when you are close to ordering.

CRJ

CRJ

Associate
OP
No worries fella. Never hurts to talk things through and weigh up all the options :)

The i7 offers Hyperthreading over the i5K. Doesn't make much odds at all for games but people have said using the i7 can maintain better minimum FPS when using dual GPUs. Hyperthreading really kicks into play for video editing etc. So for gaming rigs there is no real shame in opting for the i5K.

It's your build so your rules. If you want the i7K for a better all round rig nobody will call you silly. I pointed out the refurb'd H100, I could have used that saving to help fund the i7 but I was trying to balance in everything you wanted to the budget and the i5K is fine for gaming as I said.

You can use THIS to help you post baskets in the future when you are close to ordering.

Would it make a difference if i was looking to crossfire down the line?

As i say my budget doesn't allow for it at present but i would like to have the option in the future. (I would have to allow for an 850 PSU which will again run up the price :/)

Would you go with the i7 for dual card rig?

Back
Top Bottom