• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9550 and Vista serious issues

Associate
I have tried installing Vista RTM on a friends computer for thier teenage son hence the 9550.
first of all tried the upgrade route but get into windows and after installing the latest drivers from ATI site and doing the reboot, the PC gets into windows then just restarts. This just keeps happening.
So I tried doing a format and fresh install and the same keeps happening.
Does anyone know a fix for this as the young lad is desperate to learn this OS.
Thanks for any help as I am banging my head over this, as I have been using PCs for many a year and I cannot find a fix for this have tried all the options I can think of, is their maybee a different driver set I can tried.
I must add if I use the onboard solution it is fine, but that is pathetic so not worth the bother.

Associate
OP
sja360 said:
hmm might be worth just going with the onboard as he isnt going to really be able to play games with a radeon 9550 is he? :confused:
True true, but he dont really play games anyway and the 9550 is plenty faster than the onboard.

Soldato
At browsing the internet and looking around Windows? I don't think so. The 9550 isn't even on the list that can give you all the sparkley Vista effects.

Associate
OP
naffa said:
At browsing the internet and looking around Windows? I don't think so. The 9550 isn't even on the list that can give you all the sparkley Vista effects.
Well it does for the brief minutes that it does work.

Associate
OP
Banny said:
Well it does for the brief minutes that it does work.
Oh I thought I better add the onboard GPU is old, the CPU is an XP2000.
and before you all start it does run Vista fine.

Back
Top Bottom