• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok my issue for this is this...

Will I use 4gb of the card in 1080p gaming :) I am not upgrading to 4k for a few years. (Bought a damn good monitor last year)

I think you would be fine this year but not so sure about 2016, you can never predict exactly by how much but VRAM usage always rises eventually.

No there isn't.

Depending on your card (if it's an Infinity), then yes you do have a coil whine guarantee, if you have coil whine.

14 Days / Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you wish to cancel your order and return it for a full refund, you have up to a total of 14 days to contact us after the final receipt of your order.

You must inform us in writing if you wish to cancel your order. This can be done through the forums, by webnote, fax or post.

You must return the goods within 14 days of notifying us of the cancellation. We will reimburse you within 14 days of receipt of the goods using the same means of payment as you used when placing the order.

Unfortunately we cannot cover all unforeseeable costs and you will have to pay for the return of any unwanted goods you are returning. Please package the goods properly and ship them in a separate outer box, including all packaging, cables, manuals, drivers and protective bags, however small.

You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund.

We regret that we cannot accept cancellations of computer software if it is unsealed. Accessories and promotional items are part of the order and must be returned to ensure a full refund is given. Free games codes should be unused and still hidden.
Back to main

And yes, it's an infinity.

TBH much as its only an issue in certain circumstances right now, if I'd bought the card intending to keep for a few years, I'd be livid. ROPs lower than advertised and essentially only 3.6gb of fully performing memory is a bit ****.

I'd argue anyone who bought on the basis of prior info has a case as simply puut the card has been falsely advertised. However you look at it it does not have 64 working ROPs or 4GB of performance memory.
Might not be an issue now, but as VRAM requirements go up, it potentially will be.

not sure if this has been posted in here or not and im not going through 71 pages to see if it is ive only read from pages 49is to 59ish but on the Nvidia website the GTX970 specs says it has "Standard Memory config 4Gb" for those arguing about Nvidia miss selling the GPU its just a thought but the way the memory is done isnt standard on this 970 could that be your way of getting it refunded as its been miss sold by that?

not sure if its just clutching at straws or what but thought id point it out :)

heres the link

GTX970

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, if you guys who want a refund, actually get one...What GPU will you replace the 970 with?
Probably a 980.
Running 2560x1600, I probably would have gotten the 980 if I'd known about the gimped memory, ROPs & cache on the 970.
I don't have the money to buy new cards every year :(

Last edited:
I clearly remember having a discussion with you about how I said "AMD state a clock of 'X' on the 290X" but in the real world, it doesn't hit that and you defended them to the hilt and came back with "AMD do not advertise that but the e-tailers do", so therefore AMD have done no wrong doing.

Funny how AMD are fine to do something wrong but nVidia need to be sued and are the bad guys. And for a man who claims he has shares in nVidia, you don't seem to be fussed about them. If I had shares, I would be doing what I can to keep the price high :rolleyes:

What are you talking about?

not sure if this has been posted in here or not and im not going through 71 pages to see if it is ive only read from pages 49is to 59ish but on the Nvidia website the GTX970 specs says it has "Standard Memory config 4Gb" for those arguing about Nvidia miss selling the GPU its just a thought but the way the memory is done isnt standard on this 970 could that be your way of getting it refunded as its been miss sold by that?

not sure if its just clutching at straws or what but thought id point it out :)

heres the link

GTX970

Techically it has 4 gb; but its split 3.5-512......3.5 of the memory get high priorty access and the 512 runs at 1/7th of that speed....

No what you have is the issue with the lieing about the ROPs and Cache. That is where legally you can get a full refund as you are not getting 64 ROPs and 2 mg of cache.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom