• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is it looks like some people are near the point of throwing themselves off Tower Bridge (not quite) because of how the 970 performs even if it can perform better than a 4gb card like a 290X on one of the games in question.

Having said that I would rather use a 290X as it is quicker than a 970 at 2160p.:)

Well that depends, something that keeps getting ignored, the very thing that brought this to light in the first place.

Above the 3.5gb threshold, the game was BARELY playable. I believe it was even playable due to the nature of the game rather than the GTX 970 handling its Vram better in this particular title. Only the minimum FPS was representative of the ###### experience. What was 55 FPS felt like 15.
----------------------CONCLUSION---------------------
The GTX 970 is a 3.5gb card. It will perform horribly once 3.5gb of Vram is used and is a deal breaker to many high resolution enthusiasts.

4k, if you want to game at that res, minimum id be looking at is 3 290 8gb cards or 780 6gb, but good luck sourcing those. Original titans being another choice. Wouldn't fancy trying to play at 4k with any current 4gb cards.

4k, if you want to game at that res, minimum id be looking at is 3 290 8gb cards or 780 6gb, but good luck sourcing those. Original titans being another choice. Wouldn't fancy trying to play at 4k with any current 4gb cards.

I have 2XGTX970s and 2xR9-290s (had 4 gave one away and one sold) 4K is totally fine as long as you don't hit the 4GB or 3.5GB :) VRAM limit.

You have to fiddle a little to get 50-60FPS on same games though.

It would be very unwise for Matt to post in this thread, though no doubt he's lurking.

Someone had a go at him for posting in an AMD thread when the nerd rage was at its peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom