• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that now but at the time no one knew about the impact of the smm.

What's really interesting is how the reviewers have failed so badly and literally lapped up what nvidia said despite it being impossible. But not querying it.

for example if in kepler you couldn't disable an smm without disabling the rop entirely and the cache? I only have a non technical understanding of this but what do the reviewers think was cut back on the 970 to still provide a 256bit mem interface and 56 rops and 2mb cache?

These day's most mainstream reviewers are commercial enterprises, none of them want to upset their Paymasters / Sponsors.

That's my view anyway :)

680, high end? Rofl.

erm it was when it was released - you know beating everything AMD had....

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5699/nvidia-geforce-gtx-680-review

`retaking the performance crown`

that's anandtechs opinion, so yes - it was the fastest even If you want to think otherwise

edit:

heres something funny - the GTX 680 launched as the fastest NVidia had in march 2012

the titan was released in feb 2013

so for nearly 1 year , the GTX 680 was the fastest single gpu card NVidia had - funny Nvidia seem to think it was the fastest , you don't?

Last edited:

im really laughing now - I posted anandtechs review from march , you link a forum post from7 months later?

pointless link by you?

NVidia themselves said it was the ultra high end GTX 680 - if you want to sit there going `la la la I cant hear you` , then by all means carry on - but the company that made it in the first place called you out and you failed.

im really laughing now - I posted anandtechs review from march , you link a forum post from7 months later?

pointless link by you?

NVidia themselves said it was the ultra high end GTX 680 - if you want to sit there going `la la la I cant hear you` , then by all means carry on - but the company that made it in the first place called you out and you failed.

You can clearly see that the 7970s are faster lol, it was a driver restriction obviously, and not a lack of card horsepower. Drivers is a completely different topic though, i proved what i was trying to prove, which is that the 7970 definitely is faster than a 680.

And i dont give a **** what Nvidia says lol, they LIE about their cards specs man.

Besides, even titans have a hard time beating 7970s in quadfire:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1360884/...e-valley-benchmark-1-0/4100_100#post_20010088

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom