• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price is awesome too !

LOL funny how the 8gb AMDs arrived just in time for the Nvidia balls up :D

yes and there are 2 more 8GB cards coming out soon too, i expect this is because they know about this disaster.... very clever

i wouldn't mind betting the 380X will be released ahead of scedule.... late next week :eek:

Dying Light could have performance issues just like FC4, because it's only a day old, but lets hope they dont drag on for so long......... but this doesn't change the fact that time is running out for 4GB cards.

If their's *any* way at all of AMD doing a paper-launch of the 380X within the next week then they should pull out all the stops to make it happen!! Hell, a tech 'preview' might even do ;) :cool:

yes, they're probably busy soldering on another 4GB ;) because my guess is they were originally 4GB.....next week is too soon, but it could easily be 2 weeks time..

you're best waiting because the 380X will deffo be a superior card anyway.. well, it'll be newer if that means anything.

If nvidia had released 8gb (ok, 7gb) 970's and 980's, would we care quite as much?

Probably not, but there lies the problem: 3.5 is barely (an often not) enough for the many people who got 2 cards to use @ 1440p.
Even 4gb is tight... I don't know what they're waiting for to release 8gb 980s.

P.S.
At the same time I think developers are just lazy, Vram requirements have spiked in a ridicolous way in recent times.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ayahuasca View Post
Very nice spec, the 970's won't let you down.

we all said that didn't we, it's actually quite sad :(

With a single 970, it's debatable that you might run out of GPU grunt before reaching the 3.5GB threshold.

It's those that bought 2 for SLi that I feel particularly sorry for. It's something that I've done since the days of the 8800GT - buy two midrange cards and they should see you good for a generation or two. The timing is particularly bad, as games nudging 4GB are starting to appear more regularly.

With a single 970, it's debatable that you might run out of GPU grunt before reaching the 3.5GB threshold.

It's those that bought 2 for SLi that I feel particularly sorry for. It's something that I've done since the days of the 8800GT - buy two midrange cards and they should see you good for a generation or two. The timing is particularly bad, as games nudging 4GB are starting to appear more regularly.

I do feel about stuffed ... A moved a from a 780ti to dual 970s to try A.gain more overall frames B.to maintain a decent level of eye candy doing so .

My purchase feels especially wasted now. I would have saved a fair chunk overall staying with my 780ti and grabbing another .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom