• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there are actually versions of 970 out there that doesn't have one L2 cache disabled. Would explain why some people don't have problems when exceeding 3,5GB barrier.

Gibbo I think people need some feedback from OCuk about this issue on what might be happening behind the scenes.

More over your customers are getting the phone put down on them. That's bad news if true.

Gibbo I think people need some feedback from OCuk about this issue on what might be happening behind the scenes.

More over your customers are getting the phone put down on them. That's bad news if true.

Having worked in the same job elsewhere ( doing rma returns etc ) i suspect the staff have been told "no way tell em what you want" so out of sheer frustration they are hanging up... tbh i dont blame the staff in this situation. Can you imagine having do your job as well as the phone constantly ringing with people asking for RMA's you have been told you cannot do!

Having worked in the same job elsewhere ( doing rma returns etc ) i suspect the staff have been told "no way tell em what you want" so out of sheer frustration they are hanging up... tbh i dont blame the staff in this situation.

Pretty ****** professionalism right there if true and would make me see Ocuk support staff in a different light. Always been pleasant and helpful , also the wife seems to Wrangle me free postage every now and again somehow if I stick her on lol

You guys should drop the whole Dying Light discussion the game is probably what Witcher 3 is going to be in March.

It will kill any card you throw at it.

For playable framerates without to many dips you are going to be running all Nvidia Gameworks crap OFF and AA OFF

SLI profile is total ass , I played for a little over an hour and I thought my eyes where going to blow up.]

Here are some of my results (this will be on my website btw later today if you want to read the full benchmark)

1080p Single GTX970

Texture Quality High, Shadow Map High, Foliage High Ambient Occlusion ON the rest OFF
Min-Avg-Max
55-69-95

1440 Single GTX970

Texture Quality Med, Shadow Map Med, Foliage Med Ambient Occlusion ON the rest OFF
Min-Avg-Max
61-71-80

4K Single GTX970

Texture Quality Low, Shadow Map Low, Foliage Low Ambient Occlusion ON the rest OFF
Min-Avg-Max
37-50-60

SLI is totally **** even with the new drivers and profile if over 1080p. My eyes are still burning.

High settings on 980m runs fine for me. It only drops into the mid 40's which I find perfectly fine. On 970 desktop it runs horrid.

I tested last night with AC unity. So, going from what everyone is saying, I shouldn't see over 3.5ish GB mem usage? I got it up to 3.9 usage at 4MSAA, was only getting around 35-40fps but it wasn't stuttering. Behaved as I would expect tbh.

Pretty ****** professionalism right there if true and would make me see Ocuk support staff in a different light. Always been pleasant and helpful , also the wife seems to Wrangle me free postage every now and again somehow if I stick her on lol

girls are just better at getting free stuff!
i agree tho, they shouldnt hang up on you, well not unless you shouting down the phone maybe lol
if true, lose all stars! :(

Just played Dying Light, just completed the training where you have to go over the crane etc.... and I've got no issues. Settings on High, draw distance is set in the middle. The game is using just over 3500mb video ram and running at 59-60fps. The only time it has dropped below that, and it's only been a couple of times, is when it has accessed the hard drive to load a couple of the cut scene bits where you are talking to people. I'll start the game again and push the settings up higher and see what happens.

Edit. Can't go any higher than what it's set at and that's the Best Quality option.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't but a couple of people mentioned it in the overclock.net thread. It may be US only atm, not sure! Worth a shot contacting the OCUK rep here if you do own an EVGA card.

I posted it earlier. Just Google "EVGA Step Up". It applies in the EU. No mention of extension for the 970, but you've got 90 days from purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom