• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I’m Rick, a Product Manager for NVIDIA based here in the UK. Although I read the Overclockers forums a lot and work with the guys here, this is my first post.

I want to just start by saying sorry, we messed up.
We posted the wrong GTX 970 spec and we did not fully explain the memory architecture, and I get why you guys are so annoyed.

However, I feel the GTX 970 is still an amazing card and one we are really proud of and I believe it is still the best card you can buy for the money.

If you’ve got any specific questions I’ll do my best to answer them.

Thanks
Rick

AMD picked up a random from this forum and gave him a job.

I'm an NVidia fanboy, employee me or else :D

Hi Guys,

I’m Rick, a Product Manager for NVIDIA based here in the UK. Although I read the Overclockers forums a lot and work with the guys here, this is my first post.

We posted the wrong GTX 970 spec and we did not fully explain the memory architecture, and I get why you guys are so annoyed.

However, I feel the GTX 970 is still an amazing card and one we are really proud of and I believe it is still the best card you can buy for the money.

Thanks
Rick

Just one question... can i return it to ocuk and pay the differance and get a 980 which will have none of this problem? had i known this in november when i bought it i WOULD have got the 980... i play at 1080p and have no plans to get a bigger screen. I wanted a card that would have 4GB for the games of the next 2 or so years and on this fact alone got the 970 as i saw the memory as being more important to me than the extra horsepower.

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Rick

Can you contact Peter and ask him if he can get me a refund?

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Rick

That translates to. We lied and it's unlucky for you.. kthnxbai. :D

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Rick

Hi Rick! Do you know whether yourselves (Nvidia) are looking at any kind of compensation or offer of an exchange/refund due to misinforming customers of the incorrect spec and not detailing VRAM specifics until now?

Thanks
Rick

I'm sure everyone appreciates the apology Rick, but you do realise that this is against Consumer Law in the UK/EU don't you??

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Rick

You did not explain the memory architecture at all, and that's the major beef with all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom