• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for taking the time out to at least make this your first post.
All most of us are looking for is clarification , you sold us a product ultimately enticing us away from the competition , Whilst most agree the cards are still great, there just not what we purchased and in some cases have actually gave us a worse experience had we had gone with the competition . In light of this are we entitled to either A. Our money back , B. step up facilities , C. Sod all ?

why is hearsay , im one of those who was debating a 290 crossfire vs 970 SLI at the time. specficly with higher res in mind. Powerconsumption pulled me over , but I didn't expect to have an abnormal 256bit bus and 4GB ram design

It's hearsay as you cant substantiate any of what you just said, i.e. they sold you something to pull you away from a competitor, worse experience etc.

The facts are, and from Nvidia themselves, have said that they have posted the wrong spec and didnt explain the memory architecture fully. They will address that in a driver update.

You can however go to your credit card and chargeback, but that will hurt the etailer, I dont suggest anyone does that.

I get that most people are angry, but most people were completely oblivious a week ago, nothing has changed.

Hi Guys,

I’m Rick, a Product Manager for NVIDIA based here in the UK. Although I read the Overclockers forums a lot and work with the guys here, this is my first post.

I want to just start by saying sorry, we messed up.
We posted the wrong GTX 970 spec and we did not fully explain the memory architecture, and I get why you guys are so annoyed.

However, I feel the GTX 970 is still an amazing card and one we are really proud of and I believe it is still the best card you can buy for the money.

If you’ve got any specific questions I’ll do my best to answer them.

Thanks
Rick

are Nvidia refunding any money ?
are you refunding people if they want to return their 970 gtx in full due to your mistake

what are you doing to rectify this situation for customers who brought 970 gtxs.

It's hearsay as you cant substantiate any of what you just said, i.e. they sold you something to pull you away from a competitor, worse experience etc.

The facts are, and from Nvidia themselves, have said that they have posted the wrong spec and didnt explain the memory architecture fully. They will address that in a driver update.

You can however go to your credit card and chargeback, but that will hurt the etailer, I dont suggest anyone does that.

I get that most people are angry, but most people were completely oblivious a week ago, nothing has changed.

I agree with you totally on not hurting the etailer, Gibbo and the guys are pretty cool. But even if we go sell it on ebay for example we are going to have worse resale value due to the issue getting so much press.

How?

The future strength of the card (or lack of) has become apparent.

That has changed. hasnt it?

If I had known I may not be able to take full advantage of the 4gb of Vram I would not have chosen a 970 ... simple as .. that's not hearsay that's fact.

I haven't been banging on about im going to do this that and the other with my credit card. but I do ask questions as to where I stand with rights so I can make an informed decision for myself.

I was asking someone a question , who quite nicely said fire away. I was asking you nothing.

I agree with you totally on not hurting the etailer, Gibbo and the guys are pretty cool. But even if we go sell it on ebay for example we are going to have worse resale value due to the issue getting so much press.

You might be very surprised, as Gibbo has already said he's sold more this Mon/Tue than last Mon/Tue thats after this 'story' broke.

So what's the we likelihood of refunds or rebate at this point then, I've been watching this thread with interest and have to admit I'm very disappointed by what's happened, 4gb of ram advertised is 4gb of ram advertised its as simple as that. Even if it has 4gb but 0.5 of it is accessed in a different way it should have been advertised in such a way

I am really disappointed in the way pc gaming is going these days, hardware or software we seem to be subject to companies that just want to milk us for everything they can get

He hasn't answered any yet.

Maybe Nvidia trolling us for lulz.

that is very true but he has the vender rep in his picture under his name so im hoping not lol!

to be honest all i am after is if i can return my card to OCUK and get a full refund on it as i don't have the money to upgrade to a 980 and don't expect one for the price i paid so i will have to go back to my Radeon HD 5830 and see what cards come out in the future

Wow... What a load of rubbish is in this thread ! I feel sorry for retailers selling this card, they didn't know about it when they sold them, same as the end user ? Looks like your gonna have to wait & see what the out come is rather than speculation... I'm off to buy a 980...

I agree, it's not the retailer's fault but that's irrelevant as in the UK the customer's contract at point of sale is with the retailer.

If the customer wants a refund because of this, I think they're entitled to it from the retailer. OC would then need to take it up with Nvidia / the manufacturer which is why they're not immediately offering this as it'll be an administrative nightmare + leave their cash flow down whilst waiting for compensation from Nvidia.

In the US don't think they've got the same consumer protection laws which is why consumers raise class action law suits directly against companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom