• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest looking up 'Sony removed OtherOS' and see how that lawsuit went.

Difference between UK vs US law.

Also, Sony did just have to pay out for advertising the Vita as cross play compatible on PS3 when actually that functionality was limited.

Either way it's irrelevant here as consumer law in the UK protects the consumer so we don't need to raise class action lawsuits because our contracts of sale are with the retailer.

It'd then be up to the retailer to get compensation from the manufacturer.

The other large retailers seem to be catching on to the issue now. I was instructed by my place of purchase that they are now aware of the issue and I should wait 24 Hours for official word from Nvidia.

Hopefully Nvidia and OcUK are working to respond within the same sort of time frame.

You have already admitted that your decision on choosing a 970 was to use the full 4GB 'simple as'

Nothings changed, simple as :) Enjoy your 970

... my decision was based on numerous factors. including amount of vram. as well as the 970 supposablly having the same underlying memory architrecture of the 980. it doesn't . you can go at it all you like . my choice was influenced. I don't care how you put it and if you think your right then fine . you win .

Hello Guys

Gibbo has just alerted this to me, having looked at the call log's I can see that nobody has ended a call on anyone at all.

However as our entire phone system is VOIP and completely dependent on the internet any drop in connection can cause a call to end.

As I have been made aware over the past week or so we have been experiencing network drops which can result in the internet going down which in result will end calls. This has been reported already by the Director to our ISP and they are investigating as we speak.

I have checked with all my support guys and nobody has put the phone down on anyone. Rest assured if if I found out who did there would be a serious but kicking. Checking the phone logs however on my system there's not been a dropped call.

Bailey

Bailey if it helps look at your phone logs from yesterday at 09:40 up till 09:48 when I actually managed to speak to someone, the call at 09:44 is the one where I was actually speaking to someone and then they placed the handset down or the call was dropped by your connection.

The call at 09:48 is the one where someone in sales actually managed to put me through to someone.

Hopefully it helps resolve any issues from your end.

There are two issues for nvidia:

1. false advertising
2. leaving out important information

Even if they've not done 1 (because you think that 3.5+0.5 = 4), they've definitely done 2 (because they didn't tell us that 4 = 3.5+0.5).

It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not and as such the consumer will be entitled to a refund if they're upset about this or worried about the performance of their card in future games that they anticipate will require 4gb of ram

They only need to tell you that 4=3.5+0.5 if they've advertised it as 4GB at full speed. Which they haven't. Or I certainly can't see that anywhere.

Someone in Nvidia's marketing department clearly screwed up somewhere. But the 4GB of VRAM is usable on the card. Just not at full speed.

They only need to tell you that 4=3.5+0.5 if they've advertised it as 4GB at full speed. Which they haven't. Or I certainly can't see that anywhere.

Someone in Nvidia's marketing department clearly screwed up somewhere. But the 4GB of VRAM is usable on the card. Just not at full speed.

Exactly - because it's not available at full speed that would be considered 'important information' and so because they didn't declare it they are in breach.

They advertised 4GB @ 256bit which it isn't at any one time.

What you get is 3.5GB @ 224bit and 512Mb at 32bit.

As said before that is very wrong.

Difference between UK vs US law.

Also, Sony did just have to pay out for advertising the Vita as cross play compatible on PS3 when actually that functionality was limited.

Either way it's irrelevant here as consumer law in the UK protects the consumer so we don't need to raise class action lawsuits because our contracts of sale are with the retailer.

It'd then be up to the retailer to get compensation from the manufacturer.

Granted about the other Sony info. I bought my PS3 from game for OtherOS functionality, sony removed it, game didnt give refunds. Wonder why.

NVidia are in future, going to have to create a 'Dummies guide to memory management' to stop kids qq'ing.

I would never suggest anyone take this kind of issue up with etailers. I know a bit of the law for UK.

I cant see Nvidia laying out refunds, that would be ridiculous, but what I can see is the oblivious selfish 970's owners still looking for refunds and charging back through their CC's, that could potentially put many out of business.

Granted about the other Sony info. I bought my PS3 from game for OtherOS functionality, sony removed it, game didnt give refunds. Wonder why.

NVidia are in future, going to have to create a 'Dummies guide to memory management' to stop kids qq'ing.

I would never suggest anyone take this kind of issue up with etailers. I know a bit of the law for UK.

I cant see Nvidia laying out refunds, that would be ridiculous, but what I can see is the oblivious selfish 970's owners still looking for refunds and charging back through their CC's, that could potentially put many out of business.

Says the guy rocking a 980.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom