• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Come on, I know you will be having to reply by the book but I think it's obvious that you know there is a problem but still try and defend it in a way that makes us seem like idiots.

It's almost like just because most people may not experience it, it's suddenly really not that big of a deal. Fact is the problem still physically exists and people are upset about it because either a) you knew about it and withheld information or b) you guys can't test your cards for squat. I'm leaning more towards a) because your engineers knew about the architecture from the get go.

Whilst what nvidia have done is wrong I get sick of people expecting compensation in this country for every little thing. Claim culture Britain.

Surely the card is still doing everything you want it to otherwise you would have changed, sold or returned it before this came about?

Exactly.

Its the principle.

People cry 'the principle' for everything but the principle is covered by the first post I quoted.

WTF. So you have marketing team working on the BIOS? I think you need to re-think that answer.

Updated just so it is a bit clearer.

When your PR Team looked at the 970 specifications list for Reviewers and it said "ROP Count" what did the your engineers say should go there? was it 64 or 56?

I'm just interested in the trail of communication between your engineers and PR; how the number 56 could be mistaken for 64.

We need to investigate that first and understand why the mistake happened and was not picked up.

Also, since the card's release not one of your Ten Thousand Employees spotted the error? and who wrote the BIOS for System readouts? the PR team?
This was a genuine mistake, our tech marketing team who write the reviewers guides, thought the card had 64 ROP’s and this has been missed since launch.
It is not in our best interests to give the incorrect specs out, it does not help us in anyway and as I've mentioned this does not affect the performance in any way from what you read in reviews.

For me personally the problem is this, I have had problems with certain titles which were very heavy on the vram but I put it down to problems with the game engine, to many mods(Skyrim) or simply just one of those things. Now this topic has been brought to my attention I have now tested the games in question on a 980, then back to my 970's with a vram monitor and I now know what the problem is. It's not drivers, something running in the background, poor optimization, it's my 970's hitting the 3.5GB vram mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom