• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
B grade from overclockers is a lottery there needs to be more attention paid to what they send to customers.

Won't deny it, but we sell the items at such large discounts it is given little priority and hence the low prices being possible. We lose money on all b-grade items. So mistakes can and do happen.

If you had to break any warranty void stickers then it won't be accepted. If we get a solution then Gigabyte will be aware of potential returns and as such when time is here email gigabyte and they might be able to sort you out on the card side.

But not much we can do when a product has being modified.

Of course if no warranty sticks have being breached and you can put it back to stock so no one is the wiser then I see no issue with a return.

How does that fit with your policy in this thread? Just so we're clear.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18643771

Compensation, free games, free upgrades will not be happening because then every 970 owner would go for it, in short take the mick and abuse the offer.

its the only solution that would please most people that i see yeh
if its justified or not i dont think matters at this point ><

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen people suggest this,but its lunacy honestly.Its not something people should be seriously suggesting.

Even if nvidia went crazy and done it,can you imagine the problems it would cause.Basscially every single 970 owner would take the free upgrade.It would take months and months to actually implement due to the sheer numbers involved and never mind finding a way to mass produce that many 980's in reasonable timeframe.
Then you would have 980 buyers up in arms.

Its lunacy and will never happen

That's people wanting more than they are entitled to . Refunds fair enough but that's the true greedys coming out , step up program is warranted mind . But we will see what happens

Won't deny it, but we sell the items at such large discounts it is given little priority and hence the low prices being possible. We lose money on all b-grade items. So mistakes can and do happen.

id at least think you would inspect returns? then mark up how bad the item is on this inspection? surely a rating from 1-5 would do.
Then that will solve most grade b complaints. Just a thought (if you do use my method i want a finders fee hahaha)

Yes and people are likely to buy an AMD graphics card and Nvidia lose a customer hence my suggestion of a free upgrade to one of the lower priced 980's or a discount in the price difference to keep them as a customer.

Anyway it won't happen.

i think if they do it correctly could win them some customers not lose them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom