• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
How sad do you have to be to be an apologist for this situation?

This is as bad as it gets. They have purposely mislead everyone to the point of even putting false information in the bios.

Nvidias pr is in maximum damage limitation because they know that they have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar and people are still apologising for them.

Ignore it, there are some people in this thread who don't actually own a 970 but are intent on proving that owners who have experienced issues are either incorrectly blaming this issue on their problems or are in fact lying and jumping on the bandwagon to get handouts.

So all please help me clear something up.

I'm running a 780ti Matrix Platinum to power my rog swift.

Are 2x980 4gb still not going to be enough to see £800 difference?

Thanks

What? :confused:

a Single 980 is faster than a single 780Ti, but would not represent a meaningful upgrade. 2 x 980s will absolutely trounce a single 780Ti.

Yet, why are you even posting in this thread?!

you'd have to be a bit silly to buy a 970 now, it's dead in the water, only get a 290X....this card is only worth 100 quid 2nd hand, so lets hope we get a refund instead.

Last edited:
whilst messy - locking the card at 3.5GB via drivers and bios is about the only working solution - with a disclaimer maybe for those who want 4GB - `might not function properly all the time`

Nv need to come clean , now , rather than be sued for the truth ala bumpgate

How sad do you have to be to be an apologist for this situation?

This is as bad as it gets. They have purposely mislead everyone to the point of even putting false information in the bios.

Nvidias pr is in maximum damage limitation because they know that they have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar and people are still apologising for them.

If you are referring to GPU-Z, it doesn't get its information from the bios

The 970 has 4GB of VRAM that is working as intended.

While it works as intended, it's certainly not as expected, and the specifics have never been explained until recently.

While it doesn't change the card, it means we can understand why problems can occur, why they occur, and again, if this was a small issue, we wouldn't have Gibbo pushing for refunds.

you'd have to be a total idiot to buy a 970 now, it's dead in the water, only get a 290X....this card is only worth 100 quid 2nd hand, so lets hope we get a refund instead.

this card is all over the web as rubbish .... you'd have to be blind not to notice this.

That's a bit harsh. Way to go helping to solve it though.

you'd have to be a total idiot to buy a 970 now, it's dead in the water, only get a 290X....this card is only worth 100 quid 2nd hand, so lets hope we get a refund instead.

this card is all over the web as rubbish .... you'd have to be blind not to notice this.

£100 dream on.....really a 970 trounces any of the 'mid range' offering going new for £150 plus. Anyone selling for £100 is a fool

A popular high street electronic second hand store will currently pay you £174 CASH or £210 trade in for a 970 without the hassle of paying to post/package and dealing with chancers/time wasters on auctions sites.... go on look it up

Stop talking nonsense

While it works as intended, it's certainly not as expected, and the specifics have never been explained until recently.

While it doesn't change the card, it means we can understand why problems can occur, why they occur, and again, if this was a small issue, we wouldn't have Gibbo pushing for refunds.

I am going by what nVidia have said and whilst there is a case for some people having problems when going between 3.5GB and 4GB, I have not seen enough evidence to prove to me that it is because of the slower memory on the last 0.5gb and nVidia have stated that they will address these things at driver level to give the best gaming performance possible. Of course there could well be an issue but it needs thorough methodical testing and then I will be convinced. Till then, I am on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom