• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to say, you guys are doing an awesome job of this. I will probably sort something with my 970, but it's an EVGA, so I have Step-Up for that.

Gibbo et all are doing a fantastic job.

Erm, no. Nvidia misinformed a handful of hardware review sites who then included invalid information in their reviews, this error was then replicated by smaller review sites who took that info from them. At no point did Nvidia or OCUK themselves misinform the customers.

Dude...

Really? Man that's a stretch.

Nvidia are not going to admit liability until they have to. They will carry on with plausible denial as long as it gets lapped up.

The incorrect rop count was even in the products bios for a start.

So far this has shown me the men from the boys for customer support. I used to shop around but this has changed things.

Always previously avoided in-house brands / warranty but seeing how they've handled this I wish id gone with them over MSI.

I am 41 years old and have been using OCUK for years and years, spent thousands. And let me assure you they have not always been good at CS, in fact I had some terrible times.

Moving forward to around 3 years ago I sent back a faulty motherboard and the return process was flawless, I emailed the boss at the time(Who I think has left), and he replied saying he understood the company has had a bad rep and it is trying its best to improve and was pleased that I had a great service. A few years on it seems they have. I'm not saying I'm happy about the past, but in the past few years and now it shows that OCUK is a reputable company and one to trust. I will continue to shop with them.

Do you agree with Nvidia's tance on this? Sorry no need to answer if this puts you in an awkward position. ;)

That is not something I am willing to get into to.

All that matters to me is we keep our customers satisfied. This is an exhausting process, trust me the last few days I had a lot of work planned out on laptops and memory.

Now my time and other members of my staff is now consumed by this, NVIDIA or no board partner will pay for our time and on some of the items we take back we will make a loss, on some we shall be covered.

We just want to make sure customer comes first and get the service they deserve if they are unhappy. :)

If Nvidia really feel like that then they really do have allot to learn and just don't give a toss about their customers.

OCUK and Gibbo is king and the only reason I buy from OCUK, I sampled other retailers and they don't come close to OCUK's CS.

thank you for your response. there is no issue ? why is everyone returning cards then :p

nvidia admitted there mistake. so in other words you get nothing cause we said so.

im actually happy with performance. at 1080 it wipes the floor with 290s. thats why i wont return it.

nvidia is at fault i dont blame ocuk . you done well through support.

Everyone? What is it now, 20,000 sold, and so far the amount of customers who want to return the product, I can count on one hand. Yeah I am sure there will be more, maybe even a few hundred. Still less than 1% which is not everyone.

Yes 970 performance is amazing, you are 100% correct on this. :)

Does this all mean there might be a few 970's on B grade that I could snap up for SLI? :D

There already is, as more get added it will be at similar prices, the card is still the great card it was, so any b-grade savings will be in line with normal b-grade savings.

8e1528353c706001f9214d785e760d5f0b811e455a57527fdd85223b30f2c1f2.jpg

I want to return my kfa2 and MSI 970 and purchase 1 X 980 and save up for another. Seems I can with kfa2 but not MSI. I purchased a new sli board, psu and 2 970 and wanted to be covered for these big games (and a wacking 32 inch Acer 1440p Monitor) . I'm not it seems and have tested so. Where do I stand because I'm a bit gutted atm.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff from Gibbo / OCUK.

Genuinely surprised that Nvidia are saying this is not mis-advertisement, it comes with less ROPS, L2 cache and hybrid memory 3.5GB + 0.5GB. That should have been the story from the start.

I really though Nvidia would have come through for the consumer in some way.

This has definitely soured me towards Nvidia, they could have turned this around into positive PR. Saying it has not been mis-advertised is just not true..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom