• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
But a manufacturer will not accept a card returned for whining from us, except for KFA2 they will take back our Infinity cards as they were designed for us to reduce it so those that have it loud, they sort us out. But all other brands are a big, NO!

So if someone buys a Gigabyte, ASUS, EVGA etc card that has loud coil whine, the customer is stuck with it (because it's not a fault).

Perhaps retailers and manufacturers need to make it clear to prospective customers that this is the case, just like the "dead pixel policy" on monitors. Mind you, that's not always made clear.

To the person who reckons they had no problems using ultra textures in som with to 970's at 1440p that is a flat out lie! It's virtually unplayable for me with the ultra textures constant stuttering!

To Gibbo - Probs a few daft questions that have been covered.

If i got my 970 on finance ,is it still ok to send back (Galax/KFA2) and would i get a credit note? Is there a time limit on this?

Sorry if this has been covered before

Share what driver version you are using as the stuttering some are experiencing are also experiencing it on 980's which does mean the driver is the culprit. Please share your driver so others can try. :)

See below, nothing strange, just the latest...

cj0r8ww.jpg

HqtNkRQ.jpg

tMghheu.jpg

People saying you can return!! But I got this from CS
Hello

Things changed????????

The status at the moment is:

Any customer outside 14 day grace period, we will not accept returns on 970’s due to the internet rumours. Until NVIDIA tell us otherwise or it is proven NVIDIA has miss-sold the product under no circumstances must we take an RMA back due to this. Of course if within 14 days no issue that is the law.

OcUK has not advertised ROPS, SMU’s or L2 cache and neither has NVIDIA, if reviewers have done so that is upto them.

We are clear, NVIDIA are clear, until as such it is proven that NVIDIA are not clear we won’t be accepting returns, so we see no fault and until NVIDIA inform us otherwise we won’t be accepting RMA’s based on threads in forums on the internet.

Bailey

Last edited:
People saying you can return!! But I got this from CS
Hello

Things changed????????

The status at the moment is:

Any customer outside 14 day grace period, we will not accept returns on 970’s due to the internet rumours. Until NVIDIA tell us otherwise or it is proven NVIDIA has miss-sold the product under no circumstances must we take an RMA back due to this. Of course if within 14 days no issue that is the law.

OcUK has not advertised ROPS, SMU’s or L2 cache and neither has NVIDIA, if reviewers have done so that is upto them.

We are clear, NVIDIA are clear, until as such it is proven that NVIDIA are not clear we won’t be accepting returns, so we see no fault and until NVIDIA inform us otherwise we won’t be accepting RMA’s based on threads in forums on the internet.

Bailey

Unless yours is the stated brand you cannot return it , waiting for more info on other manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom