• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine if the 380X has just launched!? Wow, that would have seen a huge swing back towards AMD I am certain. They must be kicking themselves they've taken so long. They should have had a new card out by now anyway really.

Don't make the mistake of over-estimating this forum man. I can imagine 90%+ of people buying gfx cards from OcUK never come anywhere near here!! :)

Don't make the mistake of over-estimating this forum man. I can imagine 90%+ of people buying gfx cards from OcUK never come anywhere near here!! :)
Ha, you may be right. We're in the minority for sure. Even a few of my nerdy mates hadn't heard anything about all this 970 mess. Certainly wouldn't have done AMD any harm had they released new cards around about now though.

With 4k and Ultra textures in Shadow of Mordor I get a slight stutter. If I then put gsync on it is smooth as a babys bum.

Running 2k in shadows of mordor ultra textures. Afterburner shows the ram at 3.5+ And I get major stutters even with gsync with my 2x970s on my swift monitor and my fps hits the low 20's....

It's the only game that does bugger up I am just hoping the games for the next 12-18 months won't need more then 3.3gb of gpu ram for playing at 2k with all the setting on ultra.

I now have the KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 "Hall of Fame Edition" in my basket. Up to this point I have never had a problem with Nvidia and I am going to stick with them for now. If we boycotted large corporations for every "bad move" then I for one would not shop at any of the leading supermarkets, would definitely not have an iPhone and would have to throw out nearly all my clothes.

I now have the KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 "Hall of Fame Edition" in my basket. Up to this point I have never had a problem with Nvidia and I am going to stick with them for now. If we boycotted large corporations for every "bad move" then I for one would not shop at any of the leading supermarkets, would definitely not have an iPhone and would have to throw out nearly all my clothes.

Matrix and HOF are the best 980's !!!

Have to give credit to this guy.
Someone put his GTX 970 on that popular auction site and advertised it as 3.5GB with slow 0.5GB, 56 ROPs and 1.75MB cache! Well done sir!

Just like Nvidia SHOULD have done.

One game that is reported as running pretty poor on all cards.......

I wouldn't waste your breath.

LOL :D

I have little sympathy being forthright for people who buy cut down cards and then complain when they find out it's arguably more cut down than they first thought it was when they originally bought the cut down card.

gpoBZhY.jpg

Last edited:
I have to admit it has kind of shaken my faith in Nvidia. I really want a new card but I am hoping the 300 series comes soon but Gibbo estimates June.

they need to sell existing stock so they can reinvest this money, but the 380X will still destroy Nvidia in 3 months time

this is because Nvidia have no plans for 6/8GB mid range cards, unless they change their minds..........

the Titan Z is in direct competition with the later 390X and not the 380X, the 380X has no rival :eek: only their own 290X 8GB..Nvidia are in real trouble now, they have no cheap mid range card for this year at 8GB do they:...the 970 is effectively Dead or will be soon, just look at page 1 Google

the future for 4GB RAM cards is over......... but it looks like Nvidia have ignored this, their best bet is to fix the 970 and release it at 8GB

Last edited:
they need to sell existing stock so they can reinvest this money, but the 380X will still destroy Nvidia in 3 months time

this is because Nvidia have no plans for 6/8GB mid range cards, this will destroy them, unless they change their minds..........

this is because the Titan Z is in direct competition with the later 390X and not the 380X, the 380X has no rival :eek: only their own 290X 8GB..Nvidia are in real trouble now, they have no cheap mid range card for this year do they:eek:....the 970 is effectively Dead or will be soon, just look at page 1 Google

See I was a fan of both I just want the best bang for my buck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom