• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I think we need to give MSI and Gigabyte the chance to give a definitive answer.

The important thing they need to know is, their answer just doesn't colour peoples future view of graphics cards from them, but purchases of ANYTHING made by them.

Even though they haven't said one way or another, the fact they are taking so long to announce is putting me of using them in the future tbh.

Soldato
Reluctantly sent my two 970's back (£27 signed for and insured via royal mail eek). Soon as refund I'll be buying my card/s from overclockers. Shame they can't reserve them. I love Gibbo. Excellent work OC. See you Monday.

Soldato
One last thing from me before I disappear into the gloom.

On AC-U using the Nvidia optimised settings on the 970 i was using a max of 3693 MB of Memory as logged by AB

Now using the same Nvidia optimised settings on the 980 (they are exactly the same) I am using 4193 MB.....

I have no idea but I am sure of you will...

Soldato
Whole situation sucks but I'm going to keep my MSI. Partly because it's not directly affecting me at the moment and partly because I'd hate for OcUK to take the hit. I've had my card for 4 months now and apart from needing a BIOS update for the fan issue reported a while back it's been flawless @ 1080p.

Soldato
I don't expect delivery costs to be covered by Clockers. They have offer refunds and because the cards I had, no step up option. So refund and re-buy is what I have to do.

Associate
Myself , I have just had a MSI 970GTX rMA'ed due to fan issues after being messed about by MSI for the last 3 months (thank you to the OcUK staff for handling it and issuing a replacement (pity the situation with refunding MSI cards hadn't been sorted at 8.30 this morning when I was in the shop as I would have gone for refund and move to another brand's 980))

Anyway anfter this being the second time MSI have done this to me I for one will think very long and hard about buying anything with the MSI name , even a uSB stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom