• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 2 ocuk and i have no problems with them but its in my mind what if i start having problem after the end of feb then im stuck with them.
this all feels a bit rushed and not enough investigation

i have 2 ocuk and i have no problems with them but its in my mind what if i start having problem after the end of feb then im stuck with them.
this all feels a bit rushed and not enough investigation

You have a whole month to think about it, no rush. Take your time. Investigate the issue, make up your own mind. :)

just quick one got one on pre-oder with what happing will we have to wait longer for then come back in stock, and his they any time on went they coming back

OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "NVIDIA 970 Cooler Edition" 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Gibbo cards

and will they go back up to £335.99 inc VAT as getting 2nd card one 11th next month if every think work ok with first card
JAMIE

Last edited:
OcUK is accepting returns on all brands, we can't speak for competitors however as OcUK has made this decision. :)

Thanks for clarifying that Gibbo and top marks to OcUK on the response. Glad I bought them here.

On a separate note I'm absolutely gutted after having just finished this build and having little spare cash for 980s or the juice needed from my psu to power 2 x 290x's...not to mention the extra heat. This leaves me in a tricky position....as I'm sure it does to many others as well.

Returning my GTX 970 G1... Thanks for your cooperation. Very grateful, grateful enough to buy a new GTX980 from you guys. Should arrive tomorrow. Although their products are okay, I'll forever hate Nvidia for this. Funny how Ubi get so much hate for a borked game yet fanboys still latch onto Nvidia like lost puppies.

I'm sure whoever gets my GTX970 will be very happy. I'm sure you guys at OCUK won't make any losses on my actions, a B Grade GTX 970 is still profitable surely?

Thanks again!

Thanks for clarifying that Gibbo and top marks to OcUK on the response. Glad I bought them here.

On a separate note I'm absolutely gutted after having just finished this build and having little spare cash for 980s or the juice needed from my psu to power 2 x 290x's...not to mention the extra heat. This leaves me in a tricky position....as I'm sure it does to many others as well.

i feel your pain mal, 980's pricey and 290's high power draw, on paper the 970's are perfect

Apparently some suppliers are planning to remark their GTX 970 boxes as 3.5gb + 512mb. However, maybe that is just a rumor.

As I was silly enough to throw away the box from one of my GTX 970's I am not being able to return my SLI setup. Oh well, no problems with OcUK, but definitely not pleased with Nvidia. I wonder how customers are going to react though. Fur sure I am not going to go back to Nvidia, or at least not going to purchase any of their products in the first 3 months when they come out... Maybe in a sense it is good that my cards are not going back, as the only other choice I have is to upgrade to 2x 980's and hence more money for Nvidia. I hope AMD comes out with something decent in the next few months.

this what i dont get, i tried it yesterday vsync on 1400p and did not droo below 60 fps but everything i read staes this runs very badly on 970 sli

It's all luck with Dying Light. It doesn't have an issue with 970s it just has issues on certain rigs. It runs like a charm for me, SLI TB and 4k so it's just down to luck.

I've just done a fresh reinstall of Windows to see if that helps the 970s. Surely it shouldn't be dropping to like 2fps in Dying Light from 80+

It's the game not the cards, it run like a sack of spuds on most cards, seems very hit and miss, some people with no issues and others it's like a slide show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom