• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
So if I bought a 970 and it was advertised as 4gb Vram, can I send it back?

I CBA to read all the pages, just want to know if I would be able to send it back is all!

Thanks,

Grady

Caporegime
So if I bought a 970 and it was advertised as 4gb Vram, can I send it back?

I CBA to read all the pages, just want to know if I would be able to send it back is all!

Thanks,

Grady

If it's with OCUK yes, just make sure you do it before the end of FEB and reference why you are returning

Soldato
Has there been any numbers released yet for how many owners have actually returned there GTX 970's for this reason ?

the total number of RMA's for 970's is less than 5% (but that includes faulty, coil whine, changed mind in 14 days etc.)

a few pages back I think gibbo said at ocuk it was a couple of hundred specifically for this, so tiny compared with totals sold

Soldato
Think I'm just going to keep my MSI 970, I already have a AMD GPU in one machine and I like to have a Nvidia card in the other, I've never noticed any problems and by the time I step up from 1080p I'll probably be able to pickup a 980 for a decent price if needed. I also really can't be bothered with all the messing about!

Soldato
Not sure what your reading but like I said the 90 day warranty information is clearly shown on every product page along with the bit that the product details are only shown (in a box) for reference

bgrade.png

Your link is the full product description with the 90 day disclaimer, not disputing that.

My point was purchasing straight from the main bgrade graphics selection, that I did say grey area, and highlighted why.

They are all advertised with full warranty without a disclaimer in every short description, if you purchase one on the main page, you don't get the red box disclaimer that you linked:
K7Y676V.png

:)

Caporegime
the total number of RMA's for 970's is less than 5% (but that includes faulty, coil whine, changed mind in 14 days etc.)

a few pages back I think gibbo said at ocuk it was a couple of hundred specifically for this, so tiny compared with totals sold

its actually a lot less than amd 290s returned :D

Associate
Does anyone know what OCUK's policy on returning a 970 would be in my case?

I bought one a few weeks after release from a chap on the MM. I believe he had purchased 3 from OCUK on release day. I would like to return it, but am unsure if my circumstances would allow it.

I've only just heard about the complications resulting from the real memory architecture. It's quite concerning especially when playing at 1440p.

Soldato

I bought one a few weeks after release from a chap on the MM. I believe he had purchased 3 from OCUK on release day. I would like to return it, but am unsure if my circumstances would allow it.

I've only just heard about the complications resulting from the real memory architecture. It's quite concerning especially when playing at 1440p.

If you can get in touch with the original owner he/she could help you with an RMA. I think this is the only way for you to get an RMA but could be wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato

Gibbo has said they will only accept RMA`s from the original purchaser , so maybe contact the guy from MM and ask?

Associate
I've not kept up with this thread since this issue first came to light so apologise if this has already been asked but are Gigabyte doing a paid upgrade scheme? I remember reading a post ages ago where someone said they were offered a paid upgrade. Depending on price I'm tempted to upgrade my 970 G1 to a 980.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom