• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Would it not be better to sacrifice some image quality you would hardly notice to get the FPS to over 60fps?

Maybe I am showing my age, but when playing Quake 3, yes I am that old but a higher FPS always gave a more pleasurable and enjoyable gaming experience than say playing at 20-30fps with maximum eye candy.

I used to find some detail settings had little effect on image quality but a drastic improvement on FPS and whilst running around killing everything you did not miss the extra image quality but really enjoyed the improved fluidity of 60fps over 30fps or say 120fps over 60fps. :)

Gaming at 30fps just feels to me well slow, even if it is smooth it is just not the same as having 60fps plus or 120fps plus.

The only technology I have experienced that makes 30fps seem more like say 60fps when it really is not is say G-Sync. :)

Yeah, that's what I meant Gibbo, was being sarcastic in response to Humbug. Gaming at 30fps is horrible, especially in FPS titles.

Soldato
Thread title still needs changing..

(970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating Nvidia in denial.)

Nvidia handled this so cowardly.. Denied, took no responsibility, washed their hands of it and let the retailers take the hit..

I really thought that by now Nvidia would have done something, but na.. Nothing.. Read that Amazon are giving upset customers back 20% on their purchase and they keep the card. This is just wrong.. Great of Amazon but Nvidia shouldn't let this happen..

Nvidia need to man up.

Soldato

(970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating Nvidia in denial.)

Nvidia handled this so cowardly.. Denied, took no responsibility, washed their hands of it and let the retailers take the hit..

I really thought that by now Nvidia would have done something, but na.. Nothing.. Read that Amazon are giving upset customers back 20% on their purchase and they keep the card. This is just wrong.. Great of Amazon but Nvidia shouldn't let this happen..

Nvidia need to man up.

yawn yawn yawn

i cant wait to see your 380X

Associate
I DONT LIKE THIS THREAD CONTAINING PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE THREAD TOPIC! AND AS I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO COME INTO THIS THREAD I DEMAND PEOPLE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING I WANT TO READ.

People should bring it up, repeat themselves and generally try to make sure this incident isn't repeated by NVidia, because you can be damned sure if they think they can get away with it again they will try.

Soldato

Nvidia need to man up.

Because there's no conclusive proof of any performance deficit. It makes painful reading seeing people go round in circles on here and OCN.

Man of Honour
I DONT LIKE THIS THREAD CONTAINING PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE THREAD TOPIC! AND AS I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO COME INTO THIS THREAD I DEMAND PEOPLE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING I WANT TO READ.

People should bring it up, repeat themselves and generally try to make sure this incident isn't repeated by NVidia, because you can be damned sure if they think they can get away with it again they will try.

If you feel that way don't buy NVidia cards.

It is more effective than endless posts in this or any other thread.

Soldato
If you feel that way don't buy NVidia cards.

It is more effective than endless posts in this or any other thread.

A happy customer tells one other person, an unhappy customer tells ten other people. The most effective way to deal with it is to keep complaining and keep telling people about it.

Associate

Agree. Keep talking about, telling others who are thinking of buying a 970, spread the word on other forums, etc. People who moan about reading, stay out the thread and keep playing your gimped 970s while nvidea look down on you with a smirk.

Soldato
Agree. Keep talking about, telling others who are thinking of buying a 970, spread the word on other forums, etc. People who moan about reading, stay out the thread and keep playing your gimped 970s while nvidea look down on you with a smirk.
The scary thing is some of those people don't even own the 970, and they keep on preaching it is a non-issue, and "reassuring" people asking for graphic card purchase advice that it is so....

Associate
pcper showed there is....

Along with 970 users who have noticed the problems and highlighted them.

Genuinely don't understand people that are moaning about this thread, you know what the thread contains, you know how some people feel about the situation and you know for a fact that one company has done absolutely nothing but let retailers take the hit for it. So why do you guys keep coming in here just to say " yawn, boring, move on".
I can only think you're just baiting others apart from the Nvidia fan boys who will back them up regardless of what they do and the serial moaner.
If the cards work for you and you have no problem that's fine, just don't knock those that do and if you find the thread boring then stop coming in here.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Due to how this thread is turning into baiting and the fact OcUK's status on this is highlighted in the OP and directly linked to I am now closing this thread.

Remember the 970 is a great product, great performance, great low power requirements and overall great value for money. The performance is unchanged and continues improving with driver updates.

Anyone who is unhappy for whatever reason OcUK are accepting returns on all brands until the end of February after which period you will still be able to return any product purchased in the UK law 14 day period.

Thread now closed.

P.S. Do not make new threads to cause further baiting, they will be deleted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom