• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

980 or 390 for BF1

Soldato
In the BF1 forums a few people are mentioning the 390's keep crashing and it is possibly a driver issue as other AMD cards are fine.

Best to test both cards for a while to see if you have any issues before deciding.

Associate
In the BF1 forums a few people are mentioning the 390's keep crashing and it is possibly a driver issue as other AMD cards are fine.

Best to test both cards for a while to see if you have any issues before deciding.

Never had any issues here running BF1 on a 390 PCS+ in both dx11 and dx12. Card runs the game perfectly at 1080p Ultra, though as fs123 mentioned it is worth choosing a less aggressive fan profile as the default one is a bit excessive and loud.

Soldato
OP
Never had any issues here running BF1 on a 390 PCS+ in both dx11 and dx12. Card runs the game perfectly at 1080p Ultra, though as fs123 mentioned it is worth choosing a less aggressive fan profile as the default one is a bit excessive and loud.

I've actually been running the 390 since BF1 came out with no problems either. Like I said, the 980 came with a rig I bought as a whole and will now sell it on.

Only really wanted the 4790K and motherboard and a few other bits inside but it was a good price.

Selling on my 8320e / mobo / RAM on so it is working out, after I sell on the 980 and other bits to be a cheap upgrade.

I'll wait for Vega. :)

Soldato
OP
Ok so both run 'ok', though I think the 390 has the slight edge. If I flog them both, would a 480 be a viable upgrade? Not sure I can stretch to a 1070 with new offerings on the way?

Back
Top Bottom