• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

980ti bored, sli for the fun

Associate
Bit bored of my 980ti seahawk as I upgraded to a 165hz 1440p monitor. Didn't really see an upgrade path worth the money at the moment so I'm adding a strix 980ti to mess with the dreaded sli world again. Will upgrade maybe next year and okay with this for now.

Associate
OP
Knew this would cause issues, ill not really loose anything doing it with the deal i got. The 3070 and 3080 will probably be moved to. But at this time I was only tempted by the 2070 super and 2080's. Pc's are for tinkering with, so it will fulfill one of the aims for a bit till i find out either it really is that bad or that time has passed enough to move to the new tier of cards. Will at least be interesting.

Associate
OP
I'm only playing Battlefield v at the moment so the 2070 wasn't a big upgrade imo from My water cooled 980ti is still doing well but just thought I'd have a play for higher FPS. If it fails meh I'll never do it again. I ran a 295x2 when people said it was a bad idea and it was awesome. I really want to see for myself, play with fans and try and get it as cool as possible. All a bit of fun and when it's done I'll sell both GPUs add some money and buy whatever is an upgrade.

Associate
OP
It feels like sli is needed at the moment, VR and 4k then to 8k. There is more of place for it then the last few years when everyone was stuck at 1080p, it died out then as a single card could max things. The price of new sli would be crazy and itll never re-appear like it did. However right now it would be a good idea if it worked perfectly imo

Back
Top Bottom