** 980ti Out Now **

OcUK Staff
That is great news, that has certainly made my day! Cheers Gibbo :)

I now have complete specification and unfortunately the cost is higher than I expected but still good value as the Gigabyte card has a lot of unique features over a regular reference model, check the details out:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £619.99 inc VAT

GX-164-GI_400.jpg

Ti. The most powerful two letters in the world of GPUs. When paired with our flagship gaming GPU–GeForce GTX 980–it gives you incredible new levels of performance and capabilities. GTX 980 Ti is accelerated by the groundbreaking NVIDIA Maxwell™ architecture to deliver an unbeatable 4K and virtual reality experience. With 2816 NVIDIA® CUDA® cores and 6 GB of memory, it has the horsepower to drive whatever comes next.

GIGABYTE WINDFORCE 3X 600W cooling system once again break the record and bring the air cooling capacity up to 600W by only using 2 slots heights. The WINDFORCE 3X 600W cooling system is equipped with five 8mm and one 6mm composite cooper heat-pipes , special fin architecture, unique blade fan design, and GIGABYTE “Triangle Cool” technology. This not only provides an effective heat dissipation capacity but also enables higher performance due to a lower temperature.

With extra color options and numerous lighting effects, gamers can now choose the right scheme for their gaming rigs through GIGABYTE OC GURU II utility software.

Features:
- VR Ready
- DirectX 12 Ready
- 4k Ready
- 6144MB VRAM
- Titan X PCB
- Triple Fan Cooler with Selectable LED Colours
- WindForce 3X 600W cooling system
- Flex Display Technology

Specification
- GeForce 980Ti
- GPU: GeForce 980Ti
- Core Base Clock: 1190MHz
- Core Boost Clock: 1291MHz
- Memory Clock: 7010MHz
- Memory Size: 6144MB GDDR5
- Bus Type: PCI Express 3.0
- Memory Bus: 384-bit
- CUDA Cores: 2816
- DirectX 12: Yes
- DVI Port: 1x Dual-Link DVI, 3x DisplayPort & 1x HDMI
- DisplayPort: Yes
- HDCP: Yes
- HDMI: Yes
- Power: 1x 6-Pin & 1x 8-Pin
- 600W PSU Required
- 250W TDP
- Dimensions: L=282mm, W=110mm, H=43mm
- Warranty: 3yr

Only £619.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
G1 are always higher quality cards, but in short higher OC, better OC potential, higher quality cooler, RGB LED, Flex display technology, backplate guaranteed.

Well worth the extra money. :)
The core clock is only slightly higher on the G1 while the memory clock is a fair amount lower. I agree the cooler is likely better but I've always found Windforce cards to be loud. Flex Display tech is near useless and the MSI Gaming comes with a backplate. I don't see an extra £45 of value there.

Soldato
The core clock is only slightly higher on the G1 while the memory clock is a fair amount lower. I agree the cooler is likely better but I've always found Windforce cards to be loud. Flex Display tech is near useless and the MSI Gaming comes with a backplate. I don't see an extra £45 of value there.

hi ive had a gb windforce since the 780 upto the 980 and never thought of them being loud they are great cards and run cool

Soldato
Decisions decisions I'm wanting either the evga hybrid or the evga sc acx 2 or gigabyte g1 which ever comes in first and if I had the money I would order all three :)

OcUK Staff

That is OK, buy the MSI we sell both and are the only reseller offering both at present and guaranteed to get stocks first. :)

P.S. G1 cards have a history of being great clockers, this card will not disappoint as it has 8-phase power with 2x 8-Pin connectors.

Last edited:
Associate
Ordered 2 x EVGA reference 980Ti's

Any idea when these will be about?

Also, is anyone planning on SLI'ing anything other than reference cards? Still a bit cheesed off about the lack of backplate.

OcUK Staff
Hi Gibbo,

Is there any update on the stock your expecting on this Friday delivery from EVGA?

Very small amount, nowhere near enough to cover all backorders.

The big volumes are coming only on Gigabyte G1 and OcUK 980Ti at the moment I am afraid, order those if you want a card by end of next week. :)

Associate
Are there any Hybrids on the order as that's what ive ordered. (1st on the list)

Would love to know the same, I'm apparently 4th in line :)

Friday is only a few days away so I'm sure we'll know sooner rather than later...

Looking forward to putting the Hybrid through it's paces!

Joris

Soldato
Probably will as it's the same cooler is it not unless they have changed the design? it only looks like cosmetic changes

That's what I suspect. It reminds of a similar situation with the gtx 780 and 780 Ti where the 780 was cooler than the Ti - I don't think gigabyte changed their windforce cooler at all to accommodate the higher temps.

Back
Top Bottom